Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Best gun i ever bought ! Take a look..

View Poll Results: How long did i own this gun for ?
one day ? 8 50.00%
two days ? 2 12.50%
three days ? 2 12.50%
First shot ? 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 10:36 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1063 Times on 687 Posts
Likes Given: 266

So, what caused the initial explosion? Was the timing off?

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 02-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #32

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
I'm still wondering why the poll -
Ive been wondering that this entire time

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 02-16-2012, 11:14 PM   #33

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
Ive been wondering that this entire time
Sumthin aint quite right anyways

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 02-17-2012, 01:54 AM   #34
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1081 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 507

I have had a couple Taurus Revolvers for many years.A Raging Bull 44mag,and a Tracker 22lr,and have never had any issues other than some timing problems on the Tracker.My cousin has a Tracker 357mag,and has never had any problems with it.
Taurus has had several problems with a few models,but every other gun manufacturer also has problems with many gun models also.
Everyone of them are making products as cheap as they can get away with,and sometimes one's with defects get out into the public's hands.The same goes for all of the Ammo manufacturer's,their making most of their ammo just as cheap and skimping on the Q.C. time.

I hate to here that a firearm blew up and someone gets hurt,but in today's tough economic times,it's bound to happen more often.Quality products are hard to find anymore.

Old 02-17-2012, 02:41 AM   #35
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1661 Times on 905 Posts
Likes Given: 530

Summation: It seems this was a 7 shot 357 mag and the cylinder walls were to thin to handle the magnum cartridge. There may have been a flaw in the metal but there was no indication. It evidently came apart on the 1st round fired in a new gun. The ammunition was Remington factory and all remaining rounds were weighed for overload and were good. According to the op, there have been a number of incidents with this model revolver the most recent causing the loss of an eye for the shooter.
Comment: The odds of a single bad cartridge in a box are remote but not unheard of. I had an incident of a single bad round that wrecked a pistol but fortunately it did not come apart as explosively and no one was injured. The number of incidents of this model having catastrophic failures seems to preclude a bad round and points to a design flaw and/or poor quality control in the manufacture of the revolver.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
You are either pro gun or pro crime.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
Summation: It seems this was a 7 shot 357 mag and the cylinder walls were to thin to handle the magnum cartridge. There may have been a flaw in the metal but there was no indication. It evidently came apart on the 1st round fired in a new gun. The ammunition was Remington factory and all remaining rounds were weighed for overload and were good. According to the op, there have been a number of incidents with this model revolver the most recent causing the loss of an eye for the shooter.
Comment: The odds of a single bad cartridge in a box are remote but not unheard of. I had an incident of a single bad round that wrecked a pistol but fortunately it did not come apart as explosively and no one was injured. The number of incidents of this model having catastrophic failures seems to preclude a bad round and points to a design flaw and/or poor quality control in the manufacture of the revolver.
Very well said-- I thank you. The End !!! Marty D.

Old 02-20-2012, 02:14 AM   #37

Friends dont let friends buy taurus firearms

Old 02-20-2012, 02:49 AM   #38
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7666 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9888

I guess a fair question would be has anyone else experienced an overload round firing in another manufacturer's 7-shot .357 Magnum and had a similar explosive destruction of the gun?