Best gun i ever bought ! Take a look.. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Best gun i ever bought ! Take a look..

View Poll Results: How long did i own this gun for ?
one day ? 8 50.00%
two days ? 2 12.50%
three days ? 2 12.50%
First shot ? 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
This pic looks very familiar to me for some reason.
..Anyway, if this was a structurally defect in the weapon just what was the defect? How many of these have done this out of how many models made? While checking out the ammo and weapon did they find anything in the steel or the process used to make it that could have caused this?

I'm not a Taurus fan boy or anything. But I see this stuff from other (bigger) gun makers and it seems that they are isolated incidences or one bad round of ammo. I am very interested in hearing what was found out though from all the tests done on the weapon.
This happen 3 years ago- but it took 3 years to get a report. Only the 7 shot is the walls to thin. 38s are ok to shot-its when you put 357 mags in. They are just to hot for the chamber to handle.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:10 AM   #22

Whats the perfect gun to protect against large animals like bear but can also protect u against a possible doomsday?

I am looking at the SIG SAUER 716 rifle that takes the Win Mag .308

I am by no means a huge gun person my wife and i recently had a son and now i feel as if i need a good tool to protect my family in any scenario like a bear attack on a camping trip in yellowstone or if someone ever trys to break into our home again! I am pretty good behind my 12 gauge but its choked so it cant handle slugs I want an all around gun that packs a punch but is easy to get rounds for if our country ever crumbles into doomsday!

After a bit of research I found that the .308 win mag is the most commonly found round on earth not sure if it's really true but if it is this gun seems to fit my needs !

With 20 rounds of.308 win mag I think its big enough to put most big game like mountain lion or brown bear down and will for sure take out 2 - 4 guys robbing my home.

I would greatly appreciate any advice ! Thanks in advance !

Sorry for the spelling mistakes but this message was sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk

Old 02-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #23

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

If it's only in the seven shot models I'm ok with that, I got my dads model 66 and I've put thousands of rounds through it this thread just made me worried about any day now I'll put a hot load into it and end up getting fragged by my own pistol.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 02-16-2012, 12:15 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebear View Post
If it's only in the seven shot models I'm ok with that, I got my dads model 66 and I've put thousands of rounds through it this thread just made me worried about any day now I'll put a hot load into it and end up getting fragged by my own pistol.
Your ok with 38s- I wouldnot use 357. What the lawyers also told me is that the walls are two thin. If you look at the bullets, the two that were on the left n right [when they were in the chamber] they went off. That was two much for the chamber to handle.
After looking again --i donot think that happen. Those dents are from the chamber hiting the bullets. Its just the walls are two thin. They dont know.
picture-005.jpg  

Last edited by martyd; 02-16-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:36 PM   #25

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Years ago I had made up my mind not to buy a Taurus handgun. This was after seeing all of the problems a friend experienced with his Taurus 9mm. One of the guys at the gun counter at Sportsman's Warehouse told me of the many problems they have seen with the Taurus revolvers. Most Taurus handguns might be just fine but I have stayed away from them.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #26

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTurf View Post
Years ago I had made up my mind not to buy a Taurus handgun. This was after seeing all of the problems a friend experienced with his Taurus 9mm. One of the guys at the gun counter at Sportsman's Warehouse told me of the many problems they have seen with the Taurus revolvers. Most Taurus handguns might be just fine but I have stayed away from them.
I had almost the same experience (except the friend was me!). MY LGS (a rather large store) refuses to sell Taurus anymore. They got tired of all the complaints.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Last edited by vincent; 02-16-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Old 02-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #27

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsinsak View Post
Whats the perfect gun to protect against large animals like bear but can also protect u against a possible doomsday?

I am by no means a huge gun person my wife and i recently had a son and now i feel as if i need a good tool to protect my family in any scenario like a bear attack on a camping trip in yellowstone or if someone ever trys to break into our home again! I am pretty good behind my 12 gauge but its choked so it cant handle slugs I want an all around gun that packs a punch but is easy to get rounds for if our country ever crumbles into doomsday!

After a bit of research I found that the .308 win mag is the most commonly found round on earth not sure if it's really true but if it is this gun seems to fit my needs !

With 20 rounds of.308 win mag I think its big enough to put most big game like mountain lion or brown bear down and will for sure take out 2 - 4 guys robbing my home.

Sorry for the spelling mistakes but this message was sent from my iPad using FirearmsTalk
You need to start a new thread for that question friend...

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 02-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #28

Im getting crap about -you shouldnt talk bad about that gun factory. They may lay off people because of gun sale. Are you nuts. People are getting hurt and they are not doing anything about it. Take a look at 1911 site and look at REV. --then love my taurus -maybe you can give some input to that guy that said that to me. Go read what he said. Thanks

Old 02-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #29

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsinsak

Just a tip: try to stay on topic as stated in beginning of thread(some of the old schoolers get weirded out),,, yes everyone gets sidetracked from time to time. Try searching "one gun" for example, there are however countless threads on those questions, ,, I will say I wouldn't go with the .308 for those specific purposes. Especially going into yellowstone " national park" with said weapon without permission / permits.... good luck

Old 02-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #30

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

I'm still wondering why the poll -

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET