Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Handgun Discussion (
-   -   best extremely concealable gun for me? (

trstncmpbll 01-07-2010 06:53 PM

best extremely concealable gun for me?
So I have huge hands and I'm not a small guy but I do love tiny handguns. So I've been looking into sub-compacts and have tried some out. So far my winner is the sccy cpx-1 because its the smallest sub-compact that fits my hand. Most my pinky hangs off or more. I've checked out the keltec 9. But I know ruger just came out with the sr9c. Has anyone fired it? It looks like a fine gun.

CodyWalkerJr 01-08-2010 04:46 AM

check out the Springfield XD 9( subcompact.. I got mine for 429$ but they usually go for about 500-600$..very amazing weapon

trstncmpbll 01-08-2010 04:57 AM

oh the XDm is hands down my favorite gun but is it easily concealable

Gojubrian 01-08-2010 05:46 AM

You can get pinky grip extensions for just about any cub-compact semi-auto.

trstncmpbll 01-08-2010 07:37 AM

Really? How do they work? Do they just clip on to the magazine

Gojubrian 01-08-2010 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by trstncmpbll (Post 209912)
Really? How do they work? Do they just clip on to the magazine

Yep, they replace the bottom plate on the magazine.

Pearce Grip* Firearm Grips, Extensions and Accessories

spittinfire 01-08-2010 11:15 AM

I'd favor the XD sub compact but that's just me.

Hobo Bob 01-08-2010 03:33 PM

I have long fingers, so trying to find a pistol that fits my hand in the compact size is a problem. I bought a XDm in .40 cal a year ago, and really like the way it fit with the largest palm insert on. I also carried it concealed that year, and wasn't happy with it's size. It seemed to print quite often, unless I had a long coat on, or 2X the normal sweatshirt on. I was thinking about trading it off for a XD sup compact, when my neighbor, a firearms dealer, recommended a S&W M&P9c. Mine came with 3 mags, 2 of which already had the mag extension on them, and 1 that fits flush. On that one my pinky goes under the grip/mag. With the large insert on, it fits like a glove. I love it! It hides well, and I would highly recommend this pistol.

Bohica6-284 01-08-2010 04:16 PM

How are you going to carry the gun? Honestly ne of the biggest challenges with certain models for CC is finding multiple, quality concealed holsters so keep that in mind and make sure there is a holster you like before you buy the gun. I carry a small 1911 in the winter and a Kel-Tec PF9 in the warmer months. The Kel-Tec uses a clip, sort of like a pocket knife and therefore doesn't need a holster. If your a big man, you may be able to to carry something like a mid size Glock or 1911 easily. The small M&P is a good choice too.

General_lee 01-08-2010 05:22 PM

I'm a pretty small guy, 135lbs soaking wet, so it can be hard for someone like me to conceal a gun in the warmer months when I'm not wearing a jacket.
I'm very fond of my Kel tec p32, very easy to conceal with a pocket, or inside the waistband holster.
The Ruger LCP is nearly the same thing as the keltec, but the LCP comes with an optional pinky rest for the magazine.
These guns might be a little too small for your needs, I don't know, but it would be something to consider.