Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > best ccw for pocket carry

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 12:42 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I like the LCP,hardly know its there when carrying.

Old 01-18-2010, 03:40 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelt View Post
I carry a Kel Tec P32. A lot of people think that a 32 is too small but it is very comfortable and easy to carry. I figure if I am going to use it then it will be at close range and I can empty the clip pretty quick. One shot stopping power might not be great but I figure three or four hits will stop about anybody.
What if it's a very cold night and everyone including BG's are wearing very heavy jackets with lots of under garments?

Old 01-18-2010, 12:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
What if it's a very cold night and everyone including BG's are wearing very heavy jackets with lots of under garments?
I could be screwed in that case, but it is rarely that cold in North Carolina. Of course if I am close enough I might make a head shot. I carry with FMJ so penetration should not be too bad. It is all a trade off. I would rather have my Mossberg 835 if I am going to have to face a BG.....

Old 01-18-2010, 03:02 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5129 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelt View Post
I could be screwed in that case, but it is rarely that cold in North Carolina. Of course if I am close enough I might make a head shot. I carry with FMJ so penetration should not be too bad. It is all a trade off. I would rather have my Mossberg 835 if I am going to have to face a BG.....
always center mass till the person stops trying to kill you. the skulls of animals and humans are surprisingly well armoured and difficult targets to engage.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:57 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderFire View Post
If we're all wearing that much clothing, I'm not pocket-carrying. I'm carrying something more substantial with more rounds.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs

Old 01-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5129 Times on 2671 Posts
Likes Given: 311

if the nite is extremely cold you could carry a .500 S&W witha 12 inch barrel and no one would notice...

Old 01-18-2010, 11:38 PM   #17

thats what they make hornady crtical defence rnds for

Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 AM   #18

Liked 204 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Of the one's you have listed - the Bersa without a doubt.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:13 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by utf59 View Post
If we're all wearing that much clothing, I'm not pocket-carrying. I'm carrying something more substantial with more rounds.
Pocket carry can be done in any season. Even more in winter since big jackets usually come with big pockets.
No one can predict what others wear to shield themselves from the cold. I've seen people wear hoodies & knit hats on a hot fall day. I wonder what they wear on an extra cold day?

My whole point is when it gets colder heavier clothes come out. Usually people put away their peashooters and start carrying larger more powerful calibers. If people are living life like their peashooter will get them out of every situation...well, I hope they're right. I rather depend on a more powerful caliber no matter what the season.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:15 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
if the nite is extremely cold you could carry a .500 S&W witha 12 inch barrel and no one would notice...
If I could figure out how to stuff my shotgun down my pants and carry it concealed, I would carry it everywhere.