Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Best caliber for knockdown power and defense

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1487 Times on 1006 Posts
Likes Given: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlech29 View Post
There is common thought amongst myself and some of my friends here in Ky about the general guy who works behind the counter at most guns stores.. it seems that most of these guys share some common personality traits. These traits usually are
1.very arrogant
2.know everything about everything
3. Very bias towards larticular brands especially un american brands
4. Rude
5. Again..knows everything about everything.

We have come to the conclusion that these guys either suffer from very small penis syndrom and or were beat up or picked on as a teenager. These men now feel that with a trusty piece attached to their hip that their IQ has risen to higher than normal standards. They also feel that they can come across in a condescending tone to anyone and anywhere because they have this gun on them and they will no longer need to knuckle up like real men. This in turn makes them feel that they can speak to anyone in anyway that has an opinion that differs from them or ask "in their opinion" a silly question...

I can see all these things mixed with the whole tough guy internet persona brings a lot of these same guys out of the wood work on this forum.
People do say things on the internet they would never say face to face. They are anonymous online and feel immortal. Believe it or not people at FTF are very tame compared to other discussion groups. Other discussions quickly break down to "I wish you were dead." WTF is that? I have had many disagreements in the past but I have never wished anyone would expire.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-22-2014, 01:04 PM   #52

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Honest question......how do you shut down your account because I cant find it anywhere on the sight ??

Old 01-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Honest question......how do you shut down your account because I cant find it anywhere on the sight ??
Change the email address so you can't have a change of heart. Then use a random password generator. Copy the generated password so you will not remember it.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:09 PM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1933 Times on 1005 Posts
Likes Given: 371

Quote:
There is common thought amongst myself and some of my friends here in Ky about the general guy who works behind the counter at most guns stores.. it seems that most of these guys share some common personality traits. These traits usually are
1.very arrogant
2.know everything about everything
3. Very bias towards larticular brands especially un american brands
4. Rude
5. Again..knows everything about everything.

We have come to the conclusion that these guys either suffer from very small penis syndrom and or were beat up or picked on as a teenager. These men now feel that with a trusty piece attached to their hip that their IQ has risen to higher than normal standards. They also feel that they can come across in a condescending tone to anyone and anywhere because they have this gun on them and they will no longer need to knuckle up like real men. This in turn makes them feel that they can speak to anyone in anyway that has an opinion that differs from them or ask "in their opinion" a silly question...

I can see all these things mixed with the whole tough guy internet persona brings a lot of these same guys out of the wood work on this forum.
I think that guy has twins everywhere in the US lol. I have worked with some very friendly and helpful guys at gun shops as well, but yes you nailed the stereotype pretty well! Agreed there are some that have the 'tough guy' persona that would be worthless in a fistfight, had their lunch money taken from them as a kid so now they are strapped and have an attitude.

There are plenty of first class pricks out there and yes some of them are our fellow firearms owners. I take them with a grain of salt. But I do not consider them 'brothers' just because they carry a gun.....heck there are a lot of scumbags in prison who carried guns as well, and plenty of thugs and gang-bangers carrying now. I consider folks who care about and demonstrate decency in their dealings with others to be my brethren....
People Like This 
Old 01-22-2014, 01:33 PM   #55

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloeshooter View Post
I think that guy has twins everywhere in the US lol. I have worked with some very friendly and helpful guys at gun shops as well, but yes you nailed the stereotype pretty well! Agreed there are some that have the 'tough guy' persona that would be worthless in a fistfight, had their lunch money taken from them as a kid so now they are strapped and have an attitude.

There are plenty of first class pricks out there and yes some of them are our fellow firearms owners. I take them with a grain of salt. But I do not consider them 'brothers' just because they carry a gun.....heck there are a lot of scumbags in prison who carried guns as well, and plenty of thugs and gang-bangers carrying now. I consider folks who care about and demonstrate decency in their dealings with others to be my brethren....
Well said......

Old 01-22-2014, 01:43 PM   #56
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1810 Times on 984 Posts
Likes Given: 557

Guns are tools. Use the correct tool for the job. You dont drive a nail with a wrench or unscrew a bolt with a hammer. What I carry depends on what I am doing. It might be a 380 or it could be a 44 mag. Carry what you will carry and not leave home because it is too big. Control is more important than caliber. If you cant control a 45 get a caliber you can control. I almost always have a firearm on me and almost always concealed. Usually a 9mm or a 38spl. I had to give up the lightweight 45's because I was starting to have control issues. It is a lot easier to shoot a 21 oz 9mm than a 21 oz 45. I do not go looking for trouble but I try to be prepared if trouble should come my way. It has in the past and there are no guarantees about the future.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 01-22-2014, 02:01 PM   #57

Liked 95 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 138

after seeing several of these threads before, and reading every ones opinion, and reading stuff from links posted, I would have to say the best choice is the 40...best combination of capacity and stopping power...but since all I got is my 45 and 44 I guess I will some how have to make that work

Old 01-22-2014, 02:10 PM   #58

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineMan View Post
after seeing several of these threads before, and reading every ones opinion, and reading stuff from links posted, I would have to say the best choice is the 40...best combination of capacity and stopping power...but since all I got is my 45 and 44 I guess I will some how have to make that work
I think I may agree with you...plus there is an abundance of .40 ammo here in Kentucky. 9mm is very hard to come by.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:27 PM   #59

Liked 203 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 40

I use a .45, my daughter uses a S&W .40, my wife is comfortable with a Remington 1911 in .22lr. Using any of the above calibers, point blank into the middle of the head, the bad guy will die. That is the only constant. Nothing else can really be proven as fact.
Who would drown first in this scenario? A 5'5" man in 6' of water or a 6'2" man in 7' of water.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:33 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
I think I may agree with you...plus there is an abundance of .40 ammo here in Kentucky. 9mm is very hard to come by.
I won't even say how much 9mm ammo I have. Buying ammo is much like shopping for groceries, when it is on sale in abundance stock up. When hamburger helper is on sale for one dollar a box or less I buy a case. We buy canned goods in the same fashion. If you only buy two items when they are on sale you have no one to blame but yourself when are paying $1.89 for hamburger helper. Buying ammo works the same way. 9mm HP ammo has been on sale in abundance several times in the last 6 months. If you only bought two boxes that is bad on you.