Best 9mm - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Best 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3243 Posts
Likes Given: 5167

I would recpmmend a SIG!

Glock, HK, Beretta, CZ are excellent, but IME, the SIG is just head and shoulders above the rest of them

Winston Churchill

Old 05-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #22

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I have several 9mms , Sig, S&W, Springfield ,Ruger, Diamondback , and my favorite to shoot and most accurate is the SIG P229 , its not a great CCW handgun but its a damn good shooter

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 05-29-2013, 04:48 PM   #23
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 773

Check out this thread:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/choosing-handgun-mike-seeklander-58208/

Bottom line: choice of handguns is a very personal decision. What works well for someone else, may not work well for you. Try as many as you can get a hold of and buy what feels the best.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 05-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 656

The one that fits your hand

Old 05-29-2013, 06:36 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 247 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackthatsit View Post
I'm looking to getting first handgun and have chosen the 9mm. Which would be the best all around semi auto.
Best is almost exclusively a highly subjective claim. But I'll give you my take anyhow, since I at least have some experience with most of the mainstream options:

Tupperware
XDm: Capacity, finish, and ergos. My favorite poly pistol. Period.
Glock 19: The 'Swiss Arm Knife' of 9mms. Ideal for absolutely nothing, but good enough for everything. Small and light enough for carry, with ample grip and capacity to perform like a full-size. Simple, reliable, versatile.
S&W, FN, Ruger, CZ, H&K, etc: All good. Honestly, if plastic is what you're after, almost any poly pistol north of $400 will do it's part. It's just about finding which one suits you.

Hardbodies
Browning Hi-Power: Arguably the best. Performance, style, prestige, ergonomics. Legendary engineering. Worldwide, this is probably the most common military service pistol of the 20th century. And still great today.
CZ 75: Eastern Europe's BHP. Not always equal in finish, but certainly in performance. My hands like this 9mm better than any other. And they're like $500-600.
Beretta 92: Good gun, can compete to some degree with the BHP and CZ, but massively overbuilt. A gun I respect but don't prefer.
Sig P226: Great gun. Honestly, great. It doesn't fit me well, so I sold mine. Medium size, weight, slightly heavy price, highly accurate and reliable.

There are no wrong answers (but there are wrong people with answers).
People Like This 
Old 05-29-2013, 06:50 PM   #26

Liked 164 Times on 106 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Best all around 9mm handgun=the one that fits your hand best, you feel the most comfortable firing and you hit the target best with.

It could be a $400 Taurus or a $5000 custom built. No one can honestly say, even though some might try to push one over another, that one particular handgun is the IT.

I'm a multi brand gun owner, S&W, Magnum Research, EAA, Taurus, Remington, Marlin, Rossi and Mossberg.

The best all around for you is up to you to figure out. Enjoy and be safe.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:04 AM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

I have several 9mm. Like 9mm for a lot of reasons , just so you'll be prepared for the 1911 or nothing advisers. Look at the Ruger SR9C. It's a well engineered and attractive pistol. It will serve as a compact carry with the short magazine, or a full size home defense or range shooter with the long magazine. It has never failed to impress those who first see it and hold it. Thin slide, good sights and ergonomics that seem to fit all hands. My wife wants it around when I'm out of town. I shoot very well with it. Pick one up and you'll understand.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #28

Liked 30 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickster View Post
Best all around 9mm handgun=the one that fits your hand best, you feel the most comfortable firing and you hit the target best with.

It could be a $400 Taurus or a $5000 custom built. No one can honestly say, even though some might try to push one over another, that one particular handgun is the IT.

I'm a multi brand gun owner, S&W, Magnum Research, EAA, Taurus, Remington, Marlin, Rossi and Mossberg.

The best all around for you is up to you to figure out. Enjoy and be safe.
Well said.

Old 06-23-2013, 01:16 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 480 Times on 291 Posts
Likes Given: 158

I have a cz 75b and love it. When it comes to guns, if you ask 100 people what they think, you're going to get a 100 different answers. You've chosen which gun you want, buy it, shoot it, and enjoy it. good luck

You don't have to remember the truth
NRA Member

therewolf Likes This 
Old 06-23-2013, 01:41 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2808 Times on 1635 Posts
Likes Given: 1634

No real make or model preference. Buy the one that is comfortable enough size-wise to carry everyday and shoot several times a month. You will be happy with that gun.

Go to a gun shop with a range and try out several, until you find one you are really comfortable with.

Sent from my (_E=MC² _)

We do not choose our future, we choose our habits and our habits dictate our future. - anonymous

We are all biodegradable.

therewolf Likes This