The best ???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > The best ???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

Default The best ???

See a bunch of these every day. What's the best 1911? What's the best 9mm? What's the best revolver?

The answer is - there ain't one. Guns are a very subjective topic as what works great for me may suck for you. If you're looking for advice, please provide enough information so we can at least help. For example:

What's the gun for? range plinking, home defense, concealed carry, etc.

What's your budget? If you have $1000+ to spend there are lots more options than if you have $300.

Any features you want or don't want? Could be rails, safties, interchangeable grips, etc.

What experience do you have?
What training have you had?
New gun or used gun?
Revolver or semi-auto?

The more info you provide, the more likely one of our experienced members can help you out - and may have personal experience with exactly what you're searching for...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
See a bunch of these every day. What's the best 1911? What's the best 9mm? What's the best revolver?

The answer is - there ain't one.
i disagree, there is one, for each individual there is "THE BEST" and they live and die by it, now is there a best period? i doubt it, but to the man holding it, with experience under his belt with it, their is a BEST i know when i was asking about it, thats what i was trying to find out, how many "THE BEST" there were so i could find "THE BEST" for me

Old 11-17-2009, 07:10 PM   #3

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

OK, I'll defer to your vast experience. My point was - I know what's best for ME - but that doesn't mean it's best for YOU...

Old 11-17-2009, 07:14 PM   #4

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Taking personal opinions and applying them to others as in "The Best" makes no sense. Everyone has their own opinion of what is the best. For instance, you may know the best sweatpants for you, but they probably won't be for me. Someone else may know what the best truck is for them, but it may not work the best for you.

Not even an arguable issue.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 11-17-2009, 07:22 PM   #5

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I think some people confuse "most expensive" with "best"

Old 11-17-2009, 07:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
OK, I'll defer to your vast experience. My point was - I know what's best for ME - but that doesn't mean it's best for YOU...
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
Taking personal opinions and applying them to others as in "The Best" makes no sense. Everyone has their own opinion of what is the best. For instance, you may know the best sweatpants for you, but they probably won't be for me. Someone else may know what the best truck is for them, but it may not work the best for you.

Not even an arguable issue.
my point exactly, just like if i was from japan and wanted to know what the best truck was here in America, som would say Ford some would say Chevy or Dodge...so i would go look at a few of those that came recomended and see which one "I THINK" is "THE BEST" for me i wuold not go jump into a honda ridgeline when it was not recomended

Old 11-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
so i would go look at a few of those that came recomended and see which one "I THINK" is "THE BEST" for me i wuold not go jump into a honda ridgeline when it was not recomended
And thusly you are limiting youself to other people's opinions. That was my point. Are you a sheeple or a person who makes your own decisions?

From C3Shooter:

Quote:

Old 11-17-2009, 08:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
And thusly you are limiting youself to other people's opinions. That was my point. Are you a sheeple or a person who makes your own decisions?
i am a man who respects the opinions of those who have fired more bullets out of more guns than i could even dream about, so in saying that i look for experienced opions instead of waisting my time,if you dont like the way i research before i buy my guns i would saya simple solution is dont reply not throw a fit lol

Old 11-17-2009, 08:46 PM   #9

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You want the best? Here's the damn best!!!!!!!!!!

loaded-desert-eagle-web.jpg  

Old 11-17-2009, 08:47 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
i am a man who respects the opinions of those who have fired more bullets out of more guns than i could even dream about, so in saying that i look for experienced opions instead of waisting my time,if you dont like the way i research before i buy my guns i would saya simple solution is dont reply not throw a fit lol
Simpler solution: I reply as I wish.

Even more nearly simple: Learn the caliber of any arm you purchase.

The most simple of all: Learn what you like and go from there.

Just because you throw in a in the middle of your nearly unreadable babble does not lessen the attitude. Should I decide to 'throw a fit', you won't even know.

From C3Shooter:

Quote: