bersa thunder 9 hc OR stoeger cougar 8000
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > bersa thunder 9 hc OR stoeger cougar 8000

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default bersa thunder 9 hc OR stoeger cougar 8000

ok here it is! as of right now i am stuck into buying a stoeger cougar or a bersa thunder 9 hc. because i put a 110 dollars on a taurus pt 809 then after some reaserch i changed my mind to the stoeger because of reliability issues from taurus.

now i want the cz 75 sp01 and the shop that i am at charges 110$ for ffl transfer and they charge 740$ for this gun and they will not give me back the 110 dollars i origanolly had on the taurus.

so now i am stuck

i have a bersa thunder 9 uc i have shot it twise putting 1355 rounds through it with no problems. and i have heard of this guy called daniel zoppi who uses the hc model for competition which is something i would like to get into

so i am thinking about the bersa thunder 9mm hc pro

or the stoeger cougar 8000 which i hear is very accurate but i have never heard of anyone using it for competition why is this and what do you think is a more accurate gun

if you were looking for a more accurate gun out of these 2 what would you get???????

also the bersa has a 4.2 in barrel and the stoeger has a 3.6 in barrel is this a huge factor on accuracy or no??????

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-29-2010, 01:20 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Like you said, the Stoeger doesn't seem like much of a target gun, I guess that means you are stuck with the Bersa. Good news is there does exist a forum, I'm sure you can find out lots about Bersa there, I do know the US repair station does a great job of making the Bersa run

Old 09-29-2010, 02:38 AM   #3

Liked 136 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I have a Cougar .40 and a couple of Bersa UC .45 Pro models.

The Cougar is more accurate. And if it makes any difference to you, the Stoeger Cougar uses any mags, holsters, etc. made for the Beretta Cougar. As inexpensive as Bersas are, they think quite highly of their magazines. You can score new Beretta Cougar magazines for $20ish.

Why doesn't anybody use a Cougar for competition shooting? Probably for the same reasons you've only "heard of" one person that uses a Bersa.

Old 09-29-2010, 04:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
I have a Cougar .40 and a couple of Bersa UC .45 Pro models.

The Cougar is more accurate. And if it makes any difference to you, the Stoeger Cougar uses any mags, holsters, etc. made for the Beretta Cougar. As inexpensive as Bersas are, they think quite highly of their magazines. You can score new Beretta Cougar magazines for $20ish.

Why doesn't anybody use a Cougar for competition shooting? Probably for the same reasons you've only "heard of" one person that uses a Bersa.
the stoeger is more accurate then the uc model but is it more accurate then the hc model

Old 09-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Old 09-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #6

If your switching to a gun that's more expensive why won't the owner let you buy up ? He's the one losing money, that's foolish ! Usually they only give you a problem when you want to go to something cheaper. If you don't want the gun take the loss and your business elsewhere! That shop owner is just looking for ways to jerk people out of their money !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 09-30-2010, 04:49 AM   #7

Chad2, you are not stuck with the Cougar. The Stoeger Cougar is a damn fine weapon. I own a Cougar and can say it is a solid gun at a great price. The Fit and function of the Cougar is solid. I've never shot a Bersa but I have heard nothing but good things. If I had to make a choice right now, I would go with the Cougar because I have never shot a Bersa.. BTW, What are you buying it for? House, Conceal etc etc

Old 09-30-2010, 09:19 AM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3112 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

To all who responded to this thread:

Please check out the Semi-Auto section where Chad asked the same question.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 09-30-2010, 09:50 AM   #9

Default June 9, 2010

Stoeger Handguns Approved for USPSA Competition

Stoeger Handguns Approved for USPSA Competition

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 10-02-2010, 08:14 PM   #10

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

In my opinion the bersa thunder 9 hc is the greatest sub 400 dollar 9mm that can be found. I am extremely happy with mine...

img_8402.jpg

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
Jimi Hendrix