Bersa Thunder 380 cc Slide stop Issue

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Bersa Thunder 380 cc Slide stop Issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Bersa Thunder 380 cc Slide stop Issue

Hey everybody I need a hand with a minor problem I'm having. The slide stop on my bersa thunder 380 cc is malfunctioning. It engages approx 50% of the time when I've run thru a mag. When I try and engage it manually it doesn't work. I've noticed some wear on the slide stop itself but Its hard finding that replacement part. Anybody have suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2012, 01:25 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5507 Times on 2875 Posts
Likes Given: 357

contact bersa support for a replacement.

bersas are euro type guns (brazil i consider euro in this respect) all such guns arent like american types. we use harder metals for slide stops euros use soft metal. they dont use the stop to release the slide like we do so extended use of letting the slide release with the lever wears it out.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-11-2012, 02:42 PM   #3

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

JonM is spot on on this issue, never use the slide stop as a release on these guns. Bersa is going to be your best bet at finding the part. Here is a link to the parts.

http://www.bersa.com/bersa-firearms/thunder-concealed-carry/thun380mltcc.html

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.