Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm vs 92fs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2009, 01:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm vs 92fs

I have been accepted at a local police academy and will start on August 20th. I am not sponsored by a local police agency and will incur all cost myself, with hopes of finding employment upon graduation. The academy recommends 9mm pistols for range practice/qualification and states they MUST be double action semi-automatic. I have very little experience with firearms and have found the above mentioned Beretta's to be within my budget. Can anyone offer an opinion as to which, the PX4 Storm or 92fs, would be the best for someone who will be learning to shoot? I am obviously most interested in accuracy and qualifying at the academy, not so much in carrying a concealed weapon or in home defense. Also, I understand that both of these weapons fire the first round as double action and that each subsequent round is single action. Is this standard for most police firearms or should I be shopping for double action only pistols? Any constructive responses or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-27-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Update to Original Post

I spoke with the firearms expert at the police academy and was advised that the single action/double action pistol is preferred over double action only. He also advised that I should train and qualify with the weapon that most police departments in this area are currently using, a 40 cal Sig or HK. I have gone to a couple of local gun shops and the range and will be purchasing the 40 cal HK P2000. I no longer need a response to my questions regarding the 9mm Berettas. Thanks.