Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Beretta model 70S questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Beretta model 70S questions

Hi,
I just bought this pistol yesterday and i need some info on it. It's a well used pistol, but no papers came with it. I was told that it was imported from Italy and it is going to be kinda hard to find an extra magazine for it.
It's a:
Pietro Beretta-Gardone V.T.-Cal. .380
Mod. 70S
Made in Italy
and says The Garcia Corp. , Wash., DC
The magazine release is on the bottom of the hand grip and holds 7 bullets (i think) plus one in the chamber.
The guy whom sold me the gun also said this one has been discontinued.
I would like to know where i can find an extra magazine for this gun and where i can obtain a book or some kind of paper work on it.
Any info anyone can give me would be appreciated. I know how to shoot, but don't know much about guns at all. I got this for protection from a pack of wild dogs that roam around here and have killed several animals already and have chased several people to their vehicles.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-27-2008, 04:31 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

http://www.gunclips.net/be70s7rdgunm.html

Old 02-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

berretta 70s's are nice pistols. they are easily taken down by removing teh magazine cocking the hammer and moving the slide back to where the disassembely lever can move 18o degrees under the notch in the slide, the slide will then slide off to the front.

Old 02-18-2008, 04:51 PM   #4

hey I have the same gun I got from my father. He purchased the berrata in 1980 and I have it and the instruction manual that came with it. If you would like I can copy it and send it to you. Let me know,,snitz55

Old 07-10-2008, 04:42 PM   #5

berretta 70s, Do you still have your instruction manual that came with it. could you please copy it and send it to me.

Old 08-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitz55 View Post
hey I have the same gun I got from my father. He purchased the berrata in 1980 and I have it and the instruction manual that came with it. If you would like I can copy it and send it to you. Let me know,,snitz55
I inherited model 70S from my father inlaw - seems to be a 1985 model and nearly new - very stiff - I need a manual too
can you scan and email a PDF - or send postage and I will pay you for it

reply to my email jgkellyiii@charter.net

thanks

Old 03-11-2009, 05:04 PM   #7

Default Need instruction manuel

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitz55 View Post
Hi Snitz,
My son-in-law gave me the same Beretta, 380 caliber, model 70 S for which I need the instruction manual. I Hope you haven't been inundated with requests for a copy. May I ask for a copy of your also? Please give me your name & address & I'll send you the cost of printing, postage etc. Thanks so much.
Norman G. Wheeler
nwheeler1@rochester.rr.com

Last edited by NGWheeler; 03-11-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: correct sentence

Old 03-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #8

I had one of these back in the early 1980s. I liked the gun, but soon opted for a DA/SA Astra Constable in the .380 caliber. Unfortunately, this gun suffer's from the issue most small guns like this have, namely, slide bite. I can't tell you how many times my thumb knuckle bled from being "bitten" by my Beretta 70S.

Old 03-17-2009, 03:22 PM   #9

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default Ammoclip.com

In AMMOCLIP I found the Magazine for your Beretta 70S. Good luck

P.S
I have the manual of the Beretta 70S in PDF... if you want it please give me you email address and I'll send to you.

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Last edited by AsmelEduardo; 03-17-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Old 03-18-2009, 05:30 AM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

You might try Beretta Customer Support @ (800) 237-3882 .
or
www.gun-parts.com/beretta

Last edited by ladyM; 03-18-2009 at 05:45 AM.