Beretta 951

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Beretta 951

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Beretta 951

I have just perchased an Iraq 951 clone for cheep officers grade with holster wear parkerized finish. I was wondering how they shoot and what the problems are if any.
Thanks F.K.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #2

Liked 99 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 108

During my time over seas i have shot a few of the iraq made pistols and a few were beretta and some knock offs of it, if one of the guns im thinking of is the model you are talking about, i thought the trigger pull was very soft and very long, the gun felt loose and i couldn't hit the dirt at 15 yards, but it did function without any problems using our 9mm rounds, most of the pistols i shot all felt the same way but then again, they were beat up. If you bought a modern day clone im pretty sure you wont have any weird problems, i dont like beretta and i will never own one but they are good work pistols.

Last edited by deathkricket; 02-09-2010 at 08:46 AM.

Old 03-01-2010, 02:11 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I got the Tariq and shot it . the extractor was not funktioning sp all of the time so I stripped it and found that some of the parts were a little rusty. I atribute this to that they don't use gun oil over in the sand box for obvious reasions and got a little rust on the way over. I discovered that it looks like the barrel was replaced recently with a new locking block and hammer strut and spring.
After cleaning it up and oiling everything it shot 300 rounds without a hitch into about 4" groups at 25 yards benched and 8" groups standing. I figure not bad for an old sevice pistol.
I may just clean off the old parkerized finish and do a rust blueing on it.
F.K.