Belts???
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Belts???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Belts???

I have a 1-1/2 wide solid leather belt for my iwb XD9 SC but it still pulls my pants down. I am 6ft 210, medium build with 59 yr old belly sag. Do these $75.00 gun belts really help and make a difference?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-19-2010, 05:32 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

the gun belts dont support anymore than a standard belt. what they do is provide a more durable surface to attach your holster. over time on a regular store belt a heavy pistol will bend the leather distorting the shape of the belt.

only thing that can help belt sag is suspenders or a shoulder holster or a man purse device.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #3

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

A belt designed to carry a gun is lined, and stiffer than a standard belt. They do help with the sag.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 12-19-2010, 06:03 PM   #4

Liked 10 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Gun Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
A belt designed to carry a gun is lined, and stiffer than a standard belt. They do help with the sag.
Rock.....I thought they used thicker leather which made them stiffer. Is that incorrect? I just sent off for one so I'll soon find out.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- Unknown author -- Falsely attributed to George Washington --
Patriot Guard Rider

Old 12-19-2010, 06:57 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

yes thats correct. its a thicker sturdier belt.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-19-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1404 Times on 710 Posts
Likes Given: 1027

You can get a good thick leather holster belt from Cabelas for about $25.

Old 12-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #7

Default Triple K #213 1 1/2" Wide Garrison Belt

Triple K #213 1 1/2" Wide Garrison Belt Anyone tried these? At $50.00 very affordable, but I want one that works and very cost conscience of $100 ones.

Last edited by itsmycall; 12-19-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Old 12-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #8

Default Belt

A fellow near here is a holster maker, belt maker ?leather-smith? I apologize for not knowing the correct

He made me a belt; a couple of years ago. Solid, will hold Super Blackhawk, 7.5" or any of my other handguns.
It hasn't lost any shape, nor ''wear-in''

1.5", two pieces glued and sewn together. I'm very satisfied. The only issue, the screws that hold buckle straps, come loose from time to time.

Craig

♥ Exercise daily - walk with the Lord!

Old 12-19-2010, 11:36 PM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry5081 View Post
Rock.....I thought they used thicker leather which made them stiffer. Is that incorrect? I just sent off for one so I'll soon find out.
A "gun belt" is typically stiff leather, in at least two layers glued and stitched together. A thin piece of a "stiffener" is sometimes sewn in as well. It used to commonly be a thin piece of steel, but thin pieces of plastic and teflon have also been used.

Bianchi made several styles, and was kind of the trendsetter. Gordon Davis made probably the nicest ones, but expect to pay big bucks.

Now the common belt is one of the heavy nylon versions, but they are more for range use than "stealth" street use.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 12-20-2010, 03:39 AM   #10
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I believe it has as much to do with the stiching as the leather or stiffeners. I have two 1 1/2" nice carry belts, one black one brown. They are double stiched top and bottom and have an oval single stich patern on the leather between. Been using them for 10+ years and have held up nicely. The brand name is worn off and I don't recall where I bought them but I expect I paid about $50 each. A good belt is a fine investment that will last a lifetime. You do have to sinch your belt a bit tighter when packing a firearm otherwise your pants will sag, you will have to keep adjusting and that gets attention.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.