Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   General Handgun Discussion (
-   -   Bed Side Concealment (

Righteous 07-15-2008 11:35 PM

Bed Side Concealment
This is a way to conceal your handgun beside your bed for nightime Protection.
You will need the following
2' Piece of aluminum
1/8 thick and 3 1/2" wide
Drill you a long hole 1 1/2 inches from either end about 3/8 inches wide and 2 inches long leaving leaving about 1/2 inces from each side of the frame.You can do this a dreamal tool or drill or whatever you have on hand.
After drilling the hole bend the bar on the short side of the bar so that the hole is on the topside.
Now slide the bar between you matress and box springs.
You can now use any holster with a belt clip and it will slide thru the hole and lock on. This will hold your handgun below the matress and out of sight but above the box springs for easy access.

THE_REPUBLICAN 07-29-2008 10:07 AM

Thats a good idea, a whole lot better than strapping my .38 to the bookshelf next to my bed.

markhk 07-22-2009 11:26 PM

I am going to try a similar thing but glue velcrow to the aluminum instead of a slot. In this way I may be able to use the extra holster I purchased with my fanny pack. When I get a proper holster with a "clip" to secure the firearm, I may rig a slot.

canebrake 07-23-2009 02:45 AM

I think this is a great relocation of the nightstand gun.

I have this inexpensive (read; cheap..cheep) Galco STOW-N-GO IWB holster that got little to no use after getting my Galco ROYAL GUARD.

Rather than having my G22 house gun rattle around in the obligatory nightstand drawer; and the need to find a safe place to park my carry (when not carrying), I came up with this.

Unless you’re like BenningBoy who sleeps on a rock in his mistress' cave, you should have these flippin' handles on your mattress.

And yes you safety nazis, it's in condition one and only!

Ubergopher 07-28-2009 05:38 AM

For some reason my bed doesn't have the handles on it, but I've found if you have an cheapo IWB holster you should be able to find a place along the corner to clip it onto the metal bed frame if you have a cheap hollywood frame like I do.

I'll post pics of the set up when I get the chance. I also keep my Surefire and a pair of flex cuffs I got issued from the Army there.

If I don't kill the guy, he's goin' to get restrained while I treat him and wait for the police to arrive.