Barrel wear on brand new Glock 21 SF.

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Barrel wear on brand new Glock 21 SF.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2009, 04:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Barrel wear on brand new Glock 21 SF.

I just bought a NIB Glock 21 Short Frame, I took it to the range the other day and shot 50 to 60 rounds through it. When I got home and field stripped it to clean it, I noticed markings on the barrel that werent there before. They looked like wear marks from the slide. Im wondering if this was caused by not putting enough lubrication on the outside of the barrel, or if possibly my recoil spring popped out of place or something. Im not totally sure, I did shoot a couple of Federal Hydra Shocks and a couple of Gold Dot +P rounds through it. Im just trying to figure out if this is a minor problem such as not enough lube or the +p rounds, or a major problem with the weapon. Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-15-2009, 06:54 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Totally normal.

As you use the pistol, the barrel will rub on the slide and the recoil spring. They are just getting to know each other, and all is fine.