Bad jam - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    


Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Bad jam


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2013, 04:10 AM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolietGunner
Is it safe to disassemble if the rack wont move?
I'm sure it depends on your gun, but I do it all the time for my Bersa .22. Well maybe not ALL the time, but it seems like lately everytime I go to the range I've had to disassemble it in order to get something unstuck. It's always just a spent casing... I think my extractor is broke...


__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:16 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,630
Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post

I'm sure it depends on your gun, but I do it all the time for my Bersa .22. Well maybe not ALL the time, but it seems like lately everytime I go to the range I've had to disassemble it in order to get something unstuck. It's always just a spent casing... I think my extractor is broke...
Or Chamber needs polishing. Or extractor spring is weak and simply needs replacing. Maybe the extractor simply needs reshaping or replacing. Is easier than you may think.


BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JW357's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 6,716
Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox

Or Chamber needs polishing. Or extractor spring is weak and simply needs replacing. Maybe the extractor simply needs reshaping or replacing. Is easier than you may think.
May be easier than I think, but I'm still gonna just send it into Bersa. Lifetime warranty is there for a reason. Plus I don't know the first thing about any of that stuff, and am pretty clumsy. I'd hate to make it worse.
__________________
Always have clean socks.
JW357 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:49 AM   #14
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
BeyondTheBox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,630
Liked 295 Times on 254 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWSchramm View Post

May be easier than I think, but I'm still gonna just send it into Bersa. Lifetime warranty is there for a reason. Plus I don't know the first thing about any of that stuff, and am pretty clumsy. I'd hate to make it worse.
Lol, no doubt.
BeyondTheBox is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:34 AM   #15
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Kraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 150
Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I find that it is easier to hold the slide and hit the frame of the gun forward than pull the slide back when it's really stuck. I just ram my hand forward like I'm coming in to grip the gun. Just watch your trigger finger
Kraj is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 03:46 AM   #16
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JolietGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Joliet,Illinois
Posts: 155
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraj
I find that it is easier to hold the slide and hit the frame of the gun forward than pull the slide back when it's really stuck. I just ram my hand forward like I'm coming in to grip the gun. Just watch your trigger finger
Thanks Ill try that if it happends again
JolietGunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:09 AM   #17
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Hectocotylus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 292
Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JolietGunner

yes I drop the mag as soon as a gun jams.Is it safe to disassemble if the rack wont move?
With a 22a you have to have the slide back in order to disassemble.
Hectocotylus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JolietGunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Joliet,Illinois
Posts: 155
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus

With a 22a you have to have the slide back in order to disassemble.
Yes I know IDK wha I was thinking when I said that :-)
JolietGunner is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #19
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JohnJak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Lake Orion/Oxford,Mi
Posts: 348
Liked 49 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Just a safety side note.
Never look down in the barrel to see the problem that has occurred.


JohnJak is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes




Newest Threads