Bad handgun nightsights

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Bad handgun nightsights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 01:31 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 516 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default Bad handgun nightsights

So having built in night sights on my CZ Tactical, I wanted a set for my Glock 19 Gen 4. I ordered THESE and they arrived today.

They are Meprolight Tru - Dot ML

Don't believe the picture or the reviews. They have a tiny green dot with a white circle, which would be fine if you could see the glow. I even took them into the dark..could barely make them out..and in normal light..Uggg

So ...Amazon return. Its a shame because I had installed them and had to take them off and put the old sights on. I guess you get what you pay for. Think I will stick with the stock sights for a while...

I wanted them to be like these on my CZ..these puppies glow and in natural light...VERY easy to see

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-25-2014, 04:02 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2742 Times on 1436 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Meprolight has always been the entry level night sights. Try the Ameriglos

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 06-25-2014, 04:14 AM   #3
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3171 Times on 2152 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Or Williams or XS, also good choices, never had any exp. With meprolights, but a friend who is a local officer here in the next town over who lectures our Ranger cadre tells me he likes the XS better.....

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 06-25-2014, 02:40 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 516 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 99

Default Thanks guys...I will check them out

I am just glad I purchased from Amazon so return was easy...

"All war must be just the killing of strangers against whom you feel no personal animosity; strangers whom, in other circumstances, you would help if you found them in trouble, and who would help you if you needed it" — Mark Twain

Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #5
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3171 Times on 2152 Posts
Likes Given: 689

They also have a night optical system for handguns which I hear is a very good product......so figure that not all their products "Sukk" bad...

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talkh

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...