Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Baby "J" frame at 20 yards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 08:06 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Baby "J" frame at 20 yards

I was at the range with my S&W pre-36 and my Sig Mosquito I decided to see how well I could really do with a 1.875 inch barrel. I have carried one in one from or another for near 18 years and practiced a lot with it. I always here that one should not expect much from a snubbie. SO, I wanted to test the theory. Here's my Smithy:

Name:  5-Screw .38 SPL S & W pre-36 6.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  95.3 KB

Well, the girl's still got it!
The first target I did at a whim it still has a lot of 22 holes in it but the second one is all 38 with slow aimed fire. One thing I noticed is that I am more accurate with the sights than with the laser.
Well, here are the targets:

Name:  Grouping 4.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  89.1 KB
Name:  Grouping 5.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  107.6 KB

Uphold the Law Sleep with a Cop

Be warned: I'm female, armed, and backed by law - Retired LEO

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-04-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
Retired

Liked 2270 Times on 1357 Posts
Likes Given: 1059

Barrel length will affect FPS and sight picture. The shorter sight picture is harder for some people to align the sights. That is where the blame should be placed.
The barrel has to get the projectile to spiral as it exits, and most snubbies do that in an efficient manner.

(Good shooting!)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 08-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Damn Good shooting.

And nice classic 5-screw Chief's special

The only 357 magnum to me is the Ruger Security Six!!

Old 08-05-2010, 12:52 AM   #4

Liked 1173 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That's a sweet ol' Smith and some pretty good shooting.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams