auto mag by amc......
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > auto mag by amc......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default auto mag by amc......

hey everyone i have an auto mag 44 amp model 280 pistol by amc and i was wondering if anyone knows anything about this gun. apparently only 25 of these were ever made and know one has any info on it or knows what its worth. it has 5 different barrels and hold 5 different rounds which include .357, .41 auto mag, 45 winchester and a 44 amp with a longer barrel... so if you know anything about this gun or know what it could be worth let me know.. thanks

(im gonna try to upload some pics soon also)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #2

Old 12-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9159 Times on 3955 Posts
Likes Given: 1435

Well, the original company was only in production for about 8 months. There were a few thousand pistols made. Problem was, they were selling them for less than it cost to make them.

What's it worth? How much did you pay for it? THAT'S what it is worth!

Seriously so few of these sell, the Blue Book type price guide is useless- you would have to find what a comparable model has sold for. I DID find a couple of the Lee Jurras guns that had sold- these are even more scarce than the AMT guns. One of them,( in 44 AMP, 12 inch barel) went for $5000. There were NINE of those made.

Check the Wikipedia entry for automag, concise history of the companies that made it. I can let you have $100 for it, if you can wait a week for half of that.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:07 AM   #4

i bought it for 3k years ago and that was the whole sale price since my buddy was a gun dealer. their were only 50 of them made not 25, i brought it to cabela's and they knew nothing about it and still offered me around 10k.. so i have no idea what its really worth but would really like to find out

Old 12-06-2010, 03:55 AM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9159 Times on 3955 Posts
Likes Given: 1435

Problem with determining worth for any very scarce item, is that there are too few comparable sales- nothing to compare it to.

Had a friend that was curator of a VERY Confederate musuem. Visiting one day, showed me their new goody- Stonewall Jackson's handgun. I got to touch it. Impressed, I asked "What is something like that WORTH?" He looked at me, and said "We would have to sell it to find out." You are in the same quandary.

But the offer for $100 still stands- if you can wait a bit.

US Army Infantry Museum has a rifle on display. M14. By Winchester. Serial number 000001. What's that worth? Answer- whatever it would bring at sale. No other like it.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.