Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Assumptions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/assumptions-73077/)

levelcross 09-24-2012 05:28 PM

Assumptions

I just got the what for from the wife. I had not shot her carry gun in quite a while and decided I would run a few rounds thru it. When I picked it up off of her night stand I safety checked it as usual and noticed how dirty it was.

Knowing it is not like her to let LuLu stay dirty, I asked why it was so dirty. She let me have it fast, she said that her and my daughter had just gotten back from the range and she had to get dinner started and she was planning on cleaning it after dinner, and if I didn't like it I could clean it up for her.

Now this surprised me on more than one front, both my girls going to the range without me knowing :D, and her quick draw to blast me out of the water over a question like that.:confused:

Then my daughter laughed and said that they were looking at a possible Christmas present for me and that was all I needed to know. So assumptions get me in trouble again, as I was thinking she was neglecting her carry gun, but now I am excited at what they might be looking at. They both know I want a Wiley Clapp Commander, but I am sure that I have not been that good this year. :rolleyes:

therewolf 09-24-2012 05:40 PM

Make peace. Clean the gun. Your reward is your

family is gun tolerant.

Must be nice...;)

danf_fl 09-24-2012 08:35 PM

I would have asked to see the targets and compliment them on their shooting
(unless the target had an image of me.)

WebleyFosbery38 09-24-2012 08:54 PM

Myself, I hate cooking so I would volunteer to clean her weapon and avoid the issue otherwise cause I do like eating!

The_Kid 09-24-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levelcross (Post 952902)
...as I was thinking she was neglecting her carry gun, but now I am excited at what they might be looking at.

You don't deserve it. ;)

Doc3402 09-25-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by levelcross (Post 952902)
...Then my daughter laughed and said that they were looking at a possible Christmas present for me and that was all I needed to know. So assumptions get me in trouble again, as I was thinking she was neglecting her carry gun, but now I am excited at what they might be looking at. They both know I want a Wiley Clapp Commander, but I am sure that I have not been that good this year. :rolleyes:

If you're not careful you're going to end up with a pink .38 Special from Charter Arms. <grin>

gollygee 09-25-2012 11:53 AM

I don't even dare pick my wife's pistol up without permission!;)

levelcross 09-26-2012 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by therewolf (Post 952914)
Make peace. Clean the gun. Your reward is your

family is gun tolerant.

Must be nice...;)

I ran a couple of mags thru it then cleaned it for her, like a good husband. She usually wants to clean her own gun, that is why I was confused about it being so dirty.

levelcross 09-26-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gollygee (Post 953860)
I don't even dare pick my wife's pistol up without permission!;)

I guess I am lucky, we share everything including the guns. Anything in the safe is free for use to anyone who lives under my roof, just bring your own ammo please. :)