Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Anyone watch "American Guns"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

If you want to read the Behind the scenes. http://www.hausofguns.com/2012/07/11/behind-the-scenes-on-american-guns/

Old 07-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #12

Liked 1083 Times on 746 Posts
Likes Given: 1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I don't really care for American Guns but find Sons of Guns to be entertaining. It beats dumb crap like Jersey Shore. Not sure why anyone watches that.....

If you ask me it`s just Jersey Shore with guns.............

When all else fails.

Old 07-26-2012, 01:50 PM   #13

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

One can only hope EVERYONE realizes these shows

are lampooning gun owners and shooting. With very little

basis for fact, and extremely questionable safety and

responsibility paradigms. I wind up involuntarily jumping

out of my seat, from outrage, every time I watch these shows.

Nobody could possibly believe any of these shows is real...

Old 07-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #14
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnut07 View Post
I'm glad I read this, I felt so bad that they were doing that to a family heirloom when I was watching the show.

But just about everything on the show is so obviously planned; from the interviews to the stupid target shoots during the reveals. some of the ppl on the show have such feigned enthusiasm it shows clearly.

the dude on last night's show that they built a shotgun mount onto his Harley...wait a shotgun mount on the handlebars of his Harley??? Yeah. And the cat (a New Yorker, obviously) was such a bad actor (well, he's NOT an actor so that explains that) you could see that in spite of the words that were coming out of his mount it s not genuine.

but then again, Paige is a cutie!
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-26-2012, 02:08 PM   #15

Liked 39 Times on 32 Posts

I'm glad to hear the prices are scripted because that was the one thing that often didn't make sense. It's an All-American family and the guns they build are beautiful. You can't script how awesome those guns are! The sweet cherry on top is seeing them shot at the end.

When I moved from Virginia to California this year, I made sure to stop by their Gunsmoke Gunshop in Denver on my way. It makes the show funner to have been inside and then see those things on TV.

I like a lot of shows on Discovery, some are more obviously scripted like The Devil's Ride comes off as 100% scripted almost comically obvious, but I still like the show anyway.

I like Sons of Guns, Gold Rush, Bearing Sea Gold, there's always an entertaining show that I like on that channel.

. Mossberg 500 12g
. Stoeger Coach 12g
RIFLES:
. Remington 700 300 WinMag
. Bushmaster M-4 223
. Ruger Mini-14 223
. Ruger 10/22 22LR (x2)
. Rossi 1892 Lever 357
HANDGUNS:
. Remington R1 & R1S 1911 45 ACP (x2)
. Springfield Armory XDm 45 ACP
. Beretta Px4 Storm 45 ACP
. Beretta 92FS 9mm (x2)
. Ruger Vaquero 357 (x2)
. Ruger LCR 357
. Ruger LCP 380
. Ruger 22/45 22LR
. Walther P22 22LR

Old 07-26-2012, 02:41 PM   #16
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 212 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthor View Post
I'm glad to hear the prices are scripted because that was the one thing that often didn't make sense. It's an All-American family and the guns they build are beautiful. You can't script how awesome those guns are! The sweet cherry on top is seeing them shot at the end.

When I moved from Virginia to California this year, I made sure to stop by their Gunsmoke Gunshop in Denver on my way. It makes the show funner to have been inside and then see those things on TV.

I like a lot of shows on Discovery, some are more obviously scripted like The Devil's Ride comes off as 100% scripted almost comically obvious, but I still like the show anyway.

I like Sons of Guns, Gold Rush, Bearing Sea Gold, there's always an entertaining show that I like on that channel.
that show the devil's ride is embarrassing if you ask me. It's a wonder Kurt Sutter doesn't bitchslap the producers of that show on general principal alone. Yeah, I'm sure a real biker gang wants a camera crew filming them all day and night. GMAB!!

I'm sure Sonny Barger gets a huge laugh from that show.

My all out favorites are the pawn shop and the picker shows, there're a few of them. At least they're somewhat educational. that Hardcore Pawn is a bloody riot. I spent lots of time in the area where that shop is, and let me tell you it ain't a pretty part of town. In all my 45 years, I've done lot's of travelling but my travels never took me to Vegas. I can't wait to get there just so I can meet the Pawn Star crew, but I digress...
Beretta 84FS .380 ACP
Ruger MKIII 22/45 Target .22LR

PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) MK114 5.56

Old 07-26-2012, 04:36 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 700 Times on 513 Posts
Likes Given: 211

I agree with Therewolf. The shows are misrepresenting safe shooters. Try "The Gun Nuts".

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 07-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #18

Liked 20 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombiegirl View Post
I don't really care for American Guns but find Sons of Guns to be entertaining. It beats dumb crap like Jersey Shore. Not sure why anyone watches that.....
Same here. If you've watched the two shows for a while you may have also noticed that AG is looking more and more like SOG. AG's people normally like to build guns for people where the guns are already available, then sells their gun at outrageously inflated prices. SOG usually takes guns already available then rebuilds them into something different from the original.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:27 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 223 Times on 180 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeysKelly View Post
It is like watching "Walker Texas Ranger". I know that The Texas Rangers don't chase criminals through downtown Dallas in their cars shooting at each other, follow it with a foot chase and when they catch them drop their guns and challenge the bad guy to a karate fight but Istill watch the show.
Great little mini rant...true to form from what little Walker Texas Ranger format I've seen. And that's just plain funny.

None of the reality gun shows interest me much. "Sons" and "American" are both littered with interesting guns that are well beyond my wallet and needs.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #20

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
part of the reason i don't watch it or Sons of Guns anymore.
Big ditto

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET