Anyone watch "American Guns" - Page 10
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Anyone watch "American Guns"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 38 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt View Post
It's television entertainment, nothing more. People keep trying to shape it into reality. The fact of the matter is if they did no one would watch it, because it would be boring as hell. It was the reason "Top Gun" was such an exciting movie. If they scripted the entire thing off of actual carrier operations, you would have fallen asleep watching it.
+1!

BTW, hockeyjr1 mentioned there's a new show coming soon called Family Guns. According to the commercials I've seen plugging it, the show will run on the NGeo channel (the nice folks who brought us "Doomsday Preppers") beginning next Wednesday. Looks like "American Guns" and "Sons of Guns" - new SOG episodes also begin next week FWIW - will have some competition!

Old 09-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #92

Liked 175 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 20

I would like to see a gun show where they modify and/or build a gun like the show How Is It Made. I don't need the drama and the push up bra's.

Old 09-06-2012, 05:49 PM   #93

Liked 2610 Times on 1483 Posts
Likes Given: 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
I would like to see a gun show where they modify and/or build a gun like the show How Is It Made. I don't need the drama and the push up bra's.
I agree. Anybody know why EVERY gun show has some bubble headed

bimbo with a cute grin and huge knockers?

Could we all try to focus on firearms, for oh, 30 to 60 minutes or so?

Aren't the massive commercial segments and the pre-ad cliffhgangers

bad enough?

Yanno, EVERY time they use a 15 minute commercial break to

build the drama and suspense, I feel like I'm wasting my life

watching the show. Is there so little truly entertaining content,

that they have to devolve to circus entertainment tactics to

hold an audience?

Old 09-06-2012, 07:29 PM   #94

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
I agree. Anybody know why EVERY gun show has some bubble headed bimbo with a cute grin and huge knockers? Could we all try to focus on firearms, for oh, 30 to 60 minutes or so?
Hot babes sell everything. And to be perfectly honest, I'd rather buy a box of DRT Ammo, and look at the Mandrel Sisters in tight pants holding weapons, than pick up a box of Hornady ammo with "Zombie" something or other plastered all over it.
JD1969 Likes This 
Old 09-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #95

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billt

Hot babes sell everything. And to be perfectly honest, I'd rather buy a box of DRT Ammo, and look at the Mandrel Sisters in tight pants holding weapons, than pick up a box of Hornady ammo with "Zombie" something or other plastered all over it.
I agree completely.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #96

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by therhino View Post
I'm curious as to how they "screen" the projects for the show. How do they ensure they have enough content to keep filming? it can't be based purely on walk-ins, and how many people in the world are looking for whacky custom work like the show portrays?
Apparently they don't do a very good job of "screening" because they aired a show where a guy tried to sell them a rare pistol ... turns out he stole it from a museum.
man accused trying sell stolen pistol on american guns

Old 09-07-2012, 03:10 AM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1023 Times on 550 Posts

You all suck! There was a great reality show, "Monster Garage". They actually built stuff. Jesse James would grab a piece of sheet metal, a hammer and beat out some amazing creation. He kicked the crap out of OCC! But wtf was he thinking with screwing with Sandra Bullock, what an idiot!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #98

Liked 1333 Times on 893 Posts
Likes Given: 857

Quote:
There was a great reality show, "Monster Garage". They actually built stuff. Jesse James would grab a piece of sheet metal, a hammer and beat out some amazing creation.
Reality my ass!!! Did you see the show where they turned a car into a skimobile? Jesse James "raced", of all people, Richard Petty up a mountain road, groomed and 2 lanes wide. Richard Petty was on an actual skimobile, and who do you think won? Jesse James. No way in hell he could outrun Petty on a skimobile in something like that.