Anyone used Bidgunner.com?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Anyone used Bidgunner.com?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Default Anyone used Bidgunner.com?

I understand how it works but has anyone actually used it? I suppose if you worked the system well it could pay off for both parties.

www.bidgunner.com
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-02-2012, 03:50 AM   #2

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I just went to this it seems like that website beezid which although it's a legitimate site it's still a little sketchy just my opinion
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 06-02-2012, 03:33 PM   #3

Liked 35 Times on 29 Posts

I don't know about that one, but I'm hearing about new 'bid sites' springing up where the site collects a small fee, say .25, with each bid. Supposedly, a person does have a chance of getting an item well below normal sale price, but odds are very high. In the meantime, the site collects several times what the item is worth. I'm still not sure how it works & my impression of it being a trap a person could get into may be entirely wrong.

For myself, I don't even use Gun Broker or any of the other 'auction' sites. I prefer doing business with local gun stores. Besides, there's all the fun of drooling on their counter top & handling lots of guns! If there is one that I know I want without seeing it up close & personal, I check Davidson's "Gun Genie" & order it there. It still gives the sale/profit to the local store.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2921 Times on 1720 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1916
I just went to this it seems like that website beezid which although it's a legitimate site it's still a little sketchy just my opinion
Don't know about the site in question bit I've watched beezid and its a scam. The site runs up the bids.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gollygee View Post
I don't know about that one, but I'm hearing about new 'bid sites' springing up where the site collects a small fee, say .25, with each bid. Supposedly, a person does have a chance of getting an item well below normal sale price, but odds are very high. In the meantime, the site collects several times what the item is worth. I'm still not sure how it works & my impression of it being a trap a person could get into may be entirely wrong.

For myself, I don't even use Gun Broker or any of the other 'auction' sites. I prefer doing business with local gun stores. Besides, there's all the fun of drooling on their counter top & handling lots of guns! If there is one that I know I want without seeing it up close & personal, I check Davidson's "Gun Genie" & order it there. It still gives the sale/profit to the local store.
Yea no doubt, I've only bought from one local shop so far, sometimes a big outfit like Cabela's or Academy outdoors will have it 10-20 cheaper but my local guy is literally 5 minutes away, they are honest and most of the time it's actually easier for me to pay a bit extra.

But the scheme with "Penny Auctions" is as old as the days are long, basically you buy the bids to get in the door, you use your bids in penny increments so if you buy bids at a buck each and an iPad sells for $50, that means 5000 people bid on it. The winner pays $50 so the seller earns $5050 on a $500 iPad. All those people 4999 who bid (at the cost of $1 each) and didn’t win are out all that money. But the winner gets an ipad for 50 + ship/tax. It's a scheme no doubt but worked properly could be lucrative.
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
Don't know about the site in question bit I've watched beezid and its a scam. The site runs up the bids.
If they are doing that....that's criminal.

Old 06-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2921 Times on 1720 Posts

All they have to do is blame it on an algorithm issue.
Old 06-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
All they have to do is blame it on an algorithm issue.
Very True, also FTC has a warning on it .

Newest Threads