Anyone own M&P series? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Anyone own M&P series?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I have 2 M&P autos, an M&P9 Pro 4.25" and a full-size M&P45 and I love them both. Approaching 2,000 through the 9 in less than a year with no issues and getting close to 500 plus in the .45 and I am the 2nd owner. I am a huge fan of Glock but I've actually gotten rid of all but 2 of my Glocks in favor of the Smith M&P. The aren't more reliable or better built in my opinion, but they are different enough in the right areas to make them work for those that Glock just won't or doesn't work/feel/shoot well. Next is an M&P9c and I'd love to add a flat dark earth frame M&P45 as a companion to my standard M&P45.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:15 PM   #12

Liked 14 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDawg48 View Post
I have 2 M&P autos, an M&P9 Pro 4.25" and a full-size M&P45 and I love them both. Approaching 2,000 through the 9 in less than a year with no issues and getting close to 500 plus in the .45 and I am the 2nd owner. I am a huge fan of Glock but I've actually gotten rid of all but 2 of my Glocks in favor of the Smith M&P. The aren't more reliable or better built in my opinion, but they are different enough in the right areas to make them work for those that Glock just won't or doesn't work/feel/shoot well. Next is an M&P9c and I'd love to add a flat dark earth frame M&P45 as a companion to my standard M&P45.
Yeah, i agree, i dont think their more reliable or better than Glocks but in my opinion, they dont have to be. Once i own one, if i can say that its in the same company as a Glock or XD(M), i am very satisfied

Old 03-20-2012, 12:03 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glockpotion23

Yeah, i agree, i dont think their more reliable or better than Glocks but in my opinion, they dont have to be. Once i own one, if i can say that its in the same company as a Glock or XD(M), i am very satisfied
I agree with this 100%

Old 03-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #14

Liked 165 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 260

I picked up a M&P9C at a great price as it was a display model, the daughter carries it most of the time, so I think it is worthy of being her carry gun. Looking to try a M&P40 and see how I like it.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 03-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #15
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 61 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 134

I have an M&P40 and XDm9 both full size. I love both!

The M&P is more comfortable (for me) than any other gun I've held so far and never had any issues with about 1000 rds through it. The M&P feels a little more compact than the XDm and it would be my choice for a CCW. This gun is just plain badass...15 rounds of 40S&W Ranger Talons...I'd hate to be on the wrong side of that!

The XDm9 shoots great, is very accurate and I use it for IDPA. It also came with a holster, dual mag holder, and speed loader which my M&P at the time did not include.

My only issue with the XDm is that it's easy for my to rest my thumb on the slide release so the slide doesn't always stay back after the last round is fired. My fault I know, but it seems like I have this issue with the XDm but not the M&P, or my Glock...could be that I have large hands of just the nature of my grip.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by ZeusEcho; 03-21-2012 at 05:02 PM.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have a M&P .40C with VTAC NS, DCAEK from Apex, and the Frame CeraKoted OD and Love it.
I also have a Glock 27 with NS and Crimson Trace laser grips and love it also.
But the Beretta 96 A1. .40 with NS and Surefie X300 is super accurate.

Old 03-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 3999 Times on 2055 Posts
Likes Given: 489

M&P, American made, lifetime warranty.

XD, Croatian made, limited warranty (not transferrable).

Make mine American made.

Old 03-22-2012, 12:18 AM   #18
WDB

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I expect I've owned a M&P longer than most, I have been CC a full siize M&P 45 for about six years now. Over the years I have purchased four M&P's 2 full size 45's and two 9mm compact. The only issue I have had is keeping them. My son now CC my first 45, my daughter CC my first 9C and my daughter in law CC my second 9C. I expect the only reason I still have my second 45 is I quit letting family members shoot my carry pistol Over all a well fitting pistol, reliable and accurate. I am not as fond of the compact ones, if I carry something small I prefer a snub nose .38. The M&P is a hard pistol not to like if you get the chance to shoot one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:49 PM   #19

Liked 165 Times on 117 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I expect I've owned a M&P longer than most, I have been CC a full siize M&P 45 for about six years now. Over the years I have purchased four M&P's 2 full size 45's and two 9mm compact. The only issue I have had is keeping them. My son now CC my first 45, my daughter CC my first 9C and my daughter in law CC my second 9C. I expect the only reason I still have my second 45 is I quit letting family members shoot my carry pistol Over all a well fitting pistol, reliable and accurate. I am not as fond of the compact ones, if I carry something small I prefer a snub nose .38. The M&P is a hard pistol not to like if you get the chance to shoot one.
WDB I am throwing your name in the Father/FIL of the year hat. I also have lost a M&P9C to my daughter(read proud dad) and have never worried about getting it back.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:15 AM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3707 Times on 2407 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm
M&P, American made, lifetime warranty.

XD, Croatian made, limited warranty (not transferrable).

Make mine American made.
Couldn't have said it better.