Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Anyone Into 9 MM?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Nice guns, especially the Sauer looks really nice.

I hope they will shoot nice!

Old 05-02-2009, 11:26 PM   #32

Intersting talk about stopping power. The most important factor in my opinion is placement. Having been shot, and stopped, before when I was about 20 years old in an accidental shooting by a 22lr Colt Frontier that was dropped, by me . When I dropped the gun it landed on the hammer first, which was resting on a live round. The round entered the inside of my left thigh, (missing my family jewels by about an inch) and stopped just before exiting my left hip, right below my belt line. On it's way through my leg it struck a nerve and a tendon, which flexed my leg like a spring sraight up in front of me knocking me on my butt. Yes, if I was in a state of mind and was determined to harm someone, I probably could have continued to attack, but, I was in fear for my life at the time not knowing yet where the bullet went and just the shock of "hey, I've been shot!" kept me still.
That was a big learning lesson for me and I find it interesting, other peoples oppinions on "stopping power." There are a lot of variables in the equation.

"However [political parties] may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion."
- GEORGE WASHINGTON (from his Farewell Address, 1796) .

Old 05-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #33

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckMc1 View Post
Intersting talk about stopping power. The most important factor in my opinion is placement. Having been shot, and stopped, before when I was about 20 years old in an accidental shooting by a 22lr Colt Frontier that was dropped, by me . When I dropped the gun it landed on the hammer first, which was resting on a live round. The round entered the inside of my left thigh, (missing my family jewels by about an inch) and stopped just before exiting my left hip, right below my belt line. On it's way through my leg it struck a nerve and a tendon, which flexed my leg like a spring sraight up in front of me knocking me on my butt. Yes, if I was in a state of mind and was determined to harm someone, I probably could have continued to attack, but, I was in fear for my life at the time not knowing yet where the bullet went and just the shock of "hey, I've been shot!" kept me still.
That was a big learning lesson for me and I find it interesting, other peoples oppinions on "stopping power." There are a lot of variables in the equation.
Ouch...! I'm glad the outcome wasn't worse...I agree with you that they are a lot of variables in the equation,a big one being the person who got shot, the problem is that if you analyze the outcome of somebody who got shot by an x caliber ,you can not "unshoot" that person,and shoot them again in the same place with some other caliber to see how that would have worked ,ballistic tests of a bullet can give us an aproximate result of the perfomance of a bullet ,but that is just one side of the variables...

Old 05-05-2009, 02:30 AM   #34

Not a big 9mm fan for self defense but I do use 9mm for IDPA, I shoot matches with a CZ-75B 9mm and carry my G22 or my Para single stack 4" 1911 45acp.

Old 05-05-2009, 03:37 AM   #35
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOHAA Player View Post
Not a big 9mm fan for self defense but I do use 9mm for IDPA, I shoot matches with a CZ-75B 9mm and carry my G22 or my Para single stack 4" 1911 45acp.
Welcome MOHAA, if you haven't done it already hit the introduction thread and tell us more about you.