Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Anyone heard of a bullet being fired from magazine!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 01:33 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
What WAS the name of that Emperor of Ethiopia? Oh yeah- Highly Unlikely.

We used to rap M-16 magazines against a steel helmet.

IF the cartridge was not contained in a barrel, the bullet will travel only a few feet- the cartridge CASE would travel further, since it is lighter than the bullet.
we did 14's that's how it got started and I have Never heard of a ND in the mag.

Old 09-06-2010, 03:49 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default You're right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead View Post
Without the case being supported in a chamber the round of ammunition would go off like a small hand grenade. The explosive forces would tear through the thin case. The case would be destroyed and its highly unlikely the round would propel with any force.

So you see a bullet hole in the wall, or a pristine shell casing then you can safely call BS.
So, It happens.
Quite frankly is the truth that the exceptions prove the rule. The primer will not ignite unless hit by a firing pin or striker, or hammer , or...someone tapping a full mag.

When I was a kid, my friends and i would steal .22 cal rounds from our parents and burn them in creative ways, you know, with sparklers, etc. and the whole casing would explode in fragments.
Once i got a bruise the size of a tangerine on my leg with a fragment the size of a rice grain.

Advise to parents: KEEP ALL AMMO LOCKED AWAY FROM KIDS IN A SUPER SECRET DUNGEON.

Visit our website
FOLLOW US ON YOUTUBE

It works, only if you use it!
Look for me in the vendor display