Anyone familiar with the Walther PPK?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Anyone familiar with the Walther PPK?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Anyone familiar with the Walther PPK?

I have always liked the James Bond movies. So for fun I am thinking of getting a Walther PPK like he carried. This would just be for fun and shooting at the range. Does anyone here have any experience with one and can tell me how you like it or if you have just heard anything about them. Thanks for your help , Ed

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-18-2011, 04:35 PM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Our resident Bond afficienado should be along shortly to help...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-18-2011, 06:18 PM   #3

Liked 743 Times on 473 Posts
Likes Given: 232

I have two. Mine are very accurate for their size. I like them but I seldom carry either one. My son also has one which he really likes.

Just walking on the edge of of my grave.

Old 06-18-2011, 06:56 PM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I've had several. Neat little guns, especially considering how long they have been around.

They are fairly accurate, and mine were always reliable, even the Made in USA Stainless PPK I had in the '80s.

DA triggers are extremely heavy, too.

Bond carried a PPK in .32, BTW.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 06-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #5

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 304

My uncle has one and loves it he loves james bond

Last edited by TimL2952; 06-18-2011 at 08:12 PM.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:18 PM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2952 Times on 1702 Posts
Likes Given: 1271

I have two PPK/s, one in .380ACP, one in .22LR.
Trigger is a little heavy in double action, sweet in single.
Both are very accurate out to 25 yards (75'), haven't tried longer distances.

Complaints: heavy trigger in double action, weight is heavy when compared to today's polymer framed handguns.

Compliments: Both belong to the wife and she carries safety off, empty chamber. Sling shots the slide to get it ready. I let her walk in front of me so I can see what she is doing.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 06-20-2011, 01:16 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

My wife has the PPK/S in .380. It's one of the Smith & Wesson-made guns. The DA trigger is indeed heavy, but it has a very short travel. It's kind of heavy for such a small pistol, but that's the all-metal construction. It's very accurate for a small gun.

If you're looking for authentic Bond, it's already been pointed out that he carried the .32. And if I'm not mistaken, the European-made models will have the magazine release in the butt of the gun instead of on the side, like my wife's.

"An armed society is a polite society." — Robert A. Heinlein

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
— William S. Burroughs