Anyone familiar with Star firearms?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Anyone familiar with Star firearms?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2011, 06:02 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Anyone familiar with Star firearms?

I have a firestar m43. Anyone own or know anything about this discontinued firearms manufacturer?

Something witty belongs here....

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-10-2011, 08:30 AM   #2
jyo

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default M43

Many years ago when they first came out, I bought the first M43 9mm in L.A.---neat little pistol---shot as well as my full-size 9mm Hi Power (which was very well)---a bit heavy, but very small---I carried it during the Rodney King Riots of 1992---had five extra mags. Star was by far the best of the Spanish pistols---they are all out of production now for many many years. Enjoy yours! Oh, the only reason I sold it was because I got a Kahr CW9 pistol to replace it---MUCH lighter.

Old 09-10-2011, 02:54 PM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

have a star BM myself. good solid dependable piece of machinery. like a 67 chevy. Star Bonifacio Echeverria - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA

Old 09-10-2011, 03:00 PM   #4

Liked 46 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockStar View Post
I have a firestar m43. Anyone own or know anything about this discontinued firearms manufacturer?
My first 1911 "style" gun was a Star PD, a gun ahead of it's time. The little pistol was a pleasure to carry and shoot, danged accurate and reliable. Sold it years ago to finance my first Colt, wish I had kept it.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:04 PM   #5

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

I have a Star Model B 9mm.

It's a 65 year old fun to shoot gun, but not something I'd elevate to carry status.

Parts (mags) are hard to find!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 09-10-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Old 09-10-2011, 03:06 PM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Star made very high quality pistols, for a very long time.

I'm currently down to one, a PD.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 09-10-2011, 03:27 PM   #7

Liked 736 Times on 488 Posts
Likes Given: 790

I had a Firestar 9mm, I wish I never sold it... It was tiny but was heavy like a brick and had very little recoil or jump..

Old 09-10-2011, 04:03 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks for the responses guys. Didn't expect so many favorible opinions. I bought this one for 300 but I was a little sour when I learned it was discontinued (admittedly only at my self). Cane, I did seem to pay out the ear for my spare mag (cunning old man at the gunshop!). I guess my biggest concern is giving this baby a nice cleaning. The magazine well is rather sticky. Do y'all believe I can find a local gunsmith who is knowledgeable enough to work on it ? If not,what do you suggest?

Something witty belongs here....

Old 09-11-2011, 02:05 PM   #9

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have a Firestar Plus, which is the double stack 9mm and it's one of my favorite handguns. Gun Digest online sells a great pdf on Star schematics for a couple of dollars and I would (and have) download a copy. Keep an eye on CDNN as mags will show up from time to time for the different models and can be picked up in the under $20 range.

From the uninformed you'll hear a bunch of bashing over your Spanish pistole, but those of us who know, as you soon will, that they were for the most part well made, reliable and concealable arms.

Congrats on your new Star.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

M14sRock, i was wanting a PD when i found my BM.

the north had us outnumbered and outgunned but we had them outmanned .......................................... join the NRA