anyone familiar with alamo ammo?
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > anyone familiar with alamo ammo?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default anyone familiar with alamo ammo?

Wanted to order some cheap target shooting ammo from them, for first time. Called them, they told me I didn't need to fax them my driver's license cuz they don't bother checking age so they didn't need any type of identification form from me. I believe I've always had to fax internet dealers this info in past, like J&G, R&R, cheaper than dirt,etc. I have not used American Eagle (Federal) 38 Sp ammo before but read a few nasty things on a forum about the powder looking like your shooting black powder and the inaccuracy of the ammo. But $150 for 10 boxes x 50 rounds of 130 Gr ammo for the range, is as cheap as you can find 38 Sp. ammo. Cheaper than Blazer stuff.

Last edited by rangeshooter; 10-05-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: error in spelling

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-05-2010, 10:41 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Never heard of them and I hope you don't report back in a few days or weeks that you got stiffed. When something appears to good to be true - I get nervous. Not verifying age, and being cavalier about it, sets off my alarm bells...

Old 10-06-2010, 03:22 AM   #3

Default Thanks fellow veteran

Think I'll take your advice unless I hear different here. Their website is alamoammo.com. As you replied, if its too good to be true. . . . We'll see.

Last edited by rangeshooter; 10-06-2010 at 03:45 AM. Reason: changed wording from said to replied

Old 10-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #4

Default alamoammo.com

I am not trying to advertise here, but feel I need to clear up some stuff.
First of all when we send ammo, fedex or ups checks to make sure that someone signs for the ammo that is of legal age. We do not send ammo to zip codes that prohibit ammo sales. When someone buys online they agree that they are of legal age and dont have any local laws or restrictions on themselves that prohibit them from buying the ammo. If someone calls on the phone to place an order then yes they will have to fax copy of current drivers license and sign paperwork that otherwise they would have to agree to on internet the same procedure as other ammo companies online. I'm not gonna go rah rah buy from us as our prices do the talking and ammo is easy to get supply is ready to ship we see no shortage on any callibers at this time nor in the future. As far as the cheap price on the 38 special we have overstock on that item and we call it a lost leader and will sell it untill inventory is lowered and then price might rise abit. I hope this clears up any issues. We have many returning customers who are very pleased by our products and customer service.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 42 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Thanks for clearing that up.

I can't speak for everyone, but I like it when a manufacturer/distributor/vendor is monitoring a forum and replies to questions and issues, as long as they are clear and upfront about who they are/represent, just as you were.

"After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. I sure as hell wouldn't want to live in a society where the only people allowed guns are the police and the military."
William S. Burroughs

Old 10-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGaryM View Post
I have researched all the on line "Discount Ammo" houses and none of them beat Walmart. They might be cheaper than Walmart on actual price but after you add in shipping Walmart beats them all for cheap range/target ammo.

If you really want to save money on target ammo buy a reload press. The savings in ammo will pay for all your equipment in no time. I can load 100 .45's for about $8.00. Nobody can beat that for factory ammo.
Nobody can beat Walmart. They are just too big and have too much buying power. They will sell things cheaper than the competition can buy them.

Reloading however is the way to go. Save money and have fun.

Old 10-11-2010, 03:54 PM   #7

Liked 62 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGaryM View Post

If you really want to save money on target ammo buy a reload press.
So is that all one needs to get started?

Old 10-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #8

Default thank you alamoammo

I agree with utf59 (think that was his handle). Thank you for responding. That cleared it up for me. I have re-saved your website on my favorite list and will use you in future. Thanks again. PS maybe I was a little ignorant about what had happened, the fact that I dodn't have to fax (what a hassle that is) my identification to you is a plus.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Last time i ordered ammo online, i don't remember any questions about my age (maybe my old arse forgot). I do remember that nobody signed for it when i ordered some 7.62x39 from cheaper than dirt (UPS dropped the box).

The American Eagle .38 special ammo worked fine in my GP100 a few weeks ago. I worry more about what is going in my semi-auto guns.

I do think it's nice that the seller stopped by to clear that up.