Anyone ever look into the safety of tritium sights? - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Anyone ever look into the safety of tritium sights?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 06:38 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

A lot of manufacturers press in front sights with 200+ lbs. of force. A hammer and punch will not move them. We use an old WWII milling machine as a sight press.
First rule of hand loads, is never shoot someone else's hand loads. I have seen enough remanufactured ammo from various companies give squib loads, and high pressure loads that I will never again shoot reloaded ammo unless I load it.
I definitely wouldn't trust that nut to do anything on my guns.

Old 08-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 263 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 373

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilder View Post
A lot of manufacturers press in front sights with 200+ lbs. of force. A hammer and punch will not move them. We use an old WWII milling machine as a sight press.
First rule of hand loads, is never shoot someone else's hand loads. I have seen enough remanufactured ammo from various companies give squib loads, and high pressure loads that I will never again shoot reloaded ammo unless I load it.
I definitely wouldn't trust that nut to do anything on my guns.
Ok I definitely don't have one of those around . My local authorized sig DEALER just told me he'd charge me 30.00 to put the sights on but if the SIG sight tool doesn't work he's still going to charge me 30.00 and send me on my way with nothing done.

This is turning into a nightmare :/

Any gunsmiths here wanna tackle it if I mail out my slide and the trijicons? ballpark price?

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 08-02-2012 at 06:55 PM.