Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Anybody else have a hard time choosing a new gun? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/anybody-else-have-hard-time-choosing-new-gun-85753/)

Baxter 03-04-2013 06:30 PM

Anybody else have a hard time choosing a new gun?

I will literally change my mind about 4-5 times when I'm looking for a new firearm to add to the collection. As it grows it gets easier, but I am a very indecisive firearm purchaser. So far though I have had very few regrets.

Ex: around December I will start thinking about what I want with my tax return, last year a literally went from deciding on a marlin 30-30 lever action to a Springfield Xdm. Not even in the same league

Olympus 03-04-2013 07:12 PM

I have the same problem. It's completely normal.

RUG3R44 03-04-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olympus (Post 1163339)
I have the same problem. It's completely normal.

Yep, if im gonna spend a lot of money and have to fight with my wife about it, I wanna' get the right one! :o

Jagermeister 03-04-2013 07:39 PM

Let's cover the basics:
1. Full size pistol dedicated for the home
2. Bolt action rifle for long distance/hunting
3. Semi-auto rifle for medium range
4. Shotgun for close distance dedicated for home defense
5. Shotgun for hunting
6. Pistol dedicated for EDC
7. Handgun as backup while hunting-larger caliber
8. .22 Conversion kits or .22 in a handgun and semi-auto rifle
Buy what you still need:)

25-5 03-04-2013 08:36 PM

I don't need any more firearms, no more! Then I am walking along and boom I got another one. No angst, wife thinks it's just fine, no problem. Then I go buy all the stuff for the new caliber. It's so easy! :cool:

kirbinster 03-04-2013 08:50 PM

When you have nothing it is very easy :) My first was a Glock G22 gen4 - well everybody should have a Glock, right. My next which I will pick up in about two weeks thanks to the OGAM law in NJ is a Kimber Eclipse Custom II - as everybody should have a 1911. The third will be a wheel gun, know nothing about them so that might take some time. The fourth - now it gets hard, have not a clue ;)

danf_fl 03-04-2013 09:09 PM

No more. I know what I want.

I just have the problem of getting the money for it.

SigArmored 03-04-2013 09:31 PM

I went to one of the lgs in my area last week the guy behind the counter said to me ,"Just yell if anything jumps out at ya.", it took a minutes to look around and I said back ,"No fear everything jumps out at me",.But on that note I've been looking around for a Sig P220 and am now going to end up with a 1911.

FrontierTCB 03-04-2013 10:48 PM

Right now trying to decide between a DA .44 Revolver, already have one in SA and another .40 semi auto, already have three in various sized frames.
When you first start what you NEED dictates what you purchase after a while it becomes more about what you WANT.

rockratt 03-04-2013 11:27 PM

Usually know what I want when I go looking!!