Any thoughts on CZ?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Any thoughts on CZ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2011, 01:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Any thoughts on CZ?

I've been looking at getting a new pistol and was curious about the CZ line. I have a couple of Glocks, a couple of M&P's, an XD and an XDm. I like the looks of the pistol but was wondering the pro's and cons. I don't know much about them. If anyone has some info or suggestions about this line of pistols, I would greatly appreciate the input.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it."

Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1931 – 2005

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-26-2011, 01:39 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Try one. I did and loved it. I got the SP01 all steel.

“Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig.”

"Memories are pictures in your mind." - Kathryn (my 3 year old daughter)

Old 07-26-2011, 01:40 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Thoughts? Yeah...they're great. Not good, but great.

I'm speaking of the steel-framed model 75 types. The polymers may be nice too, but I don't really have any expereince with them. I would take a CZ 75b over any polymer any time, except for concealed carry (they're quite heavy).

You won't be disappointed if you add one to your collection. It may even change the way you feel about all that plastic. Perfect range and home defense pistol. Every CZ (rimfire and centerfire rifles, shotgun, various pistols) I've handled is an extremely high quality weapon at a fair price.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:09 AM   #4

Liked 776 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 492

I've recently picked up a cz75 compact in 9mm...great gun. Nice solid feel to it, all metal construction so it has some weight to it but feels well balanced. Some plastic parts like the grips I'm planning on changing out but a great value at $500 in my opinion.

Several folks here have full size 75s and they seem to like 'em.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 07-26-2011, 02:12 AM   #5
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3097 Times on 1780 Posts
Likes Given: 1320

The only CZ I have is CZ-USA.
A C-BOB in 10mm. I would never trade/sell/give it away.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 07-26-2011, 02:34 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I have a CZ75B and CZ83 and really enjoy shooting them. They're solid and well constructed. I would change the material of the grips but not the shape. I think they're a great value and will add more CZs soon.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:41 AM   #7

Try one and see if you like it. Bet you will. Beware cZs are addictive.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:43 AM   #8

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Tried some CZs and loved them. Didn't get it only because of the DA first pull for my wife (for me it was a non-issue).

If I had some extra scratch, I'd buy a CZ-75BD or some variant. (I like hammered guns to have decockers.)

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 07-26-2011, 02:46 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1726 Times on 897 Posts
Likes Given: 3651

I have 4 CZs, and love em. Great guns!!!!

Old 07-26-2011, 03:22 AM   #10

Liked 16 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 12

CZ75 Compact one of my favorite posessions - see my avatar.