Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Any info on this Ruger appriciated

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Default Any info on this Ruger appriciated

I have had this for years . Ran across a lot of MKII but none with this stamp. It shoots great and might have a little better trigger than others I have shot but other than that I don’t know any real facts about it.
Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-15-2011, 11:30 PM   #2

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
I have had this for years . Ran across a lot of MKII but none with this stamp. It shoots great and might have a little better trigger than others I have shot but other than that I don’t know any real facts about it.
Thanks

Ruger MK II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Some special variants that command higher prices are the Government Model, a model that was used for pistol training and competition by the United States Army, and the Red Eagle models, which were made from 1949 to the year of company co-founder Alexander Sturm's death, in 1952. The Red Eagle models had the Ruger logo in red on a silver background. Since then, the Ruger logo on the grip panels has been either black on silver or silver on black, with the exception of a special 50th Anniversary model that had a silver eagle on a red background. The top of the line Government Competition Model comes with a 6.875 in (17.46 cm) "slab side" barrel (a bull barrel with the sides milled flat to save weight), laminated wood thumbrest grips, a low profile scope base, and scope rings; with the addition of a pistol scope, it makes an ideal entry level bullseye pistol.

Greg

“The stupid neither forgive nor forget; the naive forgive and forget; the wise forgive but do not forget.”

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupid"

Old 04-15-2011, 11:35 PM   #3

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Thanks for the link !