Another roll your eyes question!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Another roll your eyes question!

View Poll Results: Another roll your eyes poll question!
SIG P250 Compact 4 13.79%
Springfield XD Sub Compact 23 79.31%
SIG sp2022 2 6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Another roll your eyes question!

Ok so i have been doing my homework for a while now and i am having trouble deciding between these 3 guns in 9mm. Sig P250 compact, Springfield XD SUB-Compact, and the Sig sp2022. I have not gotten to shoot any because there is no where to do so in my area, all i have shot is a glock. However these 3 feel great in my hand. I do like that the p250 has the ability to go from a 9mm to a .45acp by switching out a couple things. The XD is smaller and has the safeties, and the 2022 is da/sa.

Give me your vote please on which gun is better, also if you have time i would love to hear WHY you decided or feel the one you voted for was better. i will be using this as a conceal carry and home defense. thanks!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2009, 07:37 AM   #2

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

First, wade22, welcome to the forum. How about stopping by the introductions and telling us a bit about yourself.

Second, you must understand that opinions are opinions. There are positive and negative things with just about everyfirearm just like any other manufactured poduct in the world.

Third, there is much to be learned here. Stick around.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 12-28-2009, 02:55 PM   #3

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Personally, out of those you mentioned, I would go with the Springer.
Don't get me wrong, Sigs are great guns and I have nothing against them, I'm just a big Springfield fan.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5990 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

personally i am not a fan of polymer framed weapons. that is just a personal thing. however if your going to lay out the $$ for a sig i would go with their full size versions with metal composite frames. if i HAD to choose between a polymer sig and polymer springfield XD series i would go with the springfield. springfield has been doing the polymer thing longer than sig. they have also been doing it better than most including glock.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #5

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

OK, I'm rolling eyes.

As I've said a ton of times before - what I like and what I think is good matters not a bit. It's your money - buy the one that fits YOU the best. The poly framed Sigs are not the Sigs revered by many - they are considered "outcasts" by many Sig purists. Personally, of the ones you list I'd get the XD...

Old 12-28-2009, 05:14 PM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I will say you're not going to like the muzzle flip of the p250 if you convert it to .45ACP. Like the others, I'm not a fan of polymer frame pistols. My Taurus 24/7 9mm isn't as comfortable to carry as my Colt 1991A1 .45 and the difference in weight is complicated by the frame size of the 24/7.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 12-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Springfield XD Sub Compact....unless ya got big paws. Again, personal choice boils down to what you feel best fits you, your shooting comfort, handling and use of said firearm, and how much money you want to spend.

Jack

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 12-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
Springfield XD Sub Compact....unless ya got big paws. Again, personal choice boils down to what you feel best fits you, your shooting comfort, handling and use of said firearm, and how much money you want to spend.

Jack
Quoted for Truth.

There isn't a person here who can suggest THE BEST gun for you. It has to be your choice, since you are the one who is spending the cash.

Like Jack, of the mentions mentioned, I would lean towards the XD Sub Compact, but that would not be first on MY personal shopping list.

Welcome to the FTF Community by the way.

JD

Old 12-28-2009, 11:19 PM   #9

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default wade22 Welcome in.

Welcome to FTF, Wade. Now to hi-jack your 1st thread-Buy a 1911 and quit screwing with the TupperWare Have fun+speak up..

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 12-28-2009, 11:28 PM   #10

thanks for the advice everyone. the ONLY reason i have been considering the p250 over the xd is the fact i can get a brand new p250 with 2 15rnd magazines and free holster all for 430$. while the xd is going to cost me the same. so being that i was getting a 750$ gun for 430$ i figured i might want to get that instead of the xd because 430 is an AMAZING price. would any of your minds change now knowing i am getting the p250 for 430$??

Tags
cc sig springfield xd