Amount Of Magazines Per Handgun - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Amount Of Magazines Per Handgun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2014, 06:41 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I want at least 3 per gun but more is better. If the mag. holds more than 10 rounds I want to have sack full of them just in case.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

nchunt101 Likes This 
Old 01-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #22

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

I hate to say it but if I see a good deal on mags I will likely buy a gang of them.

Old 01-27-2014, 07:40 PM   #23
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1460 Times on 1024 Posts
Likes Given: 273

Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
I hate to say it but if I see a good deal on mags I will likely buy a gang of them.
I hate to say it but the day after Newtown I ordered 10 more Magpul 30 rd. P-mags.

NRA Endowdment Life Member.....F&AM
Curio and Relics License Holder (FFL 03)

Gun confiscation will not happen in my lifetime.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." C.S. Lewis

nchunt101 Likes This 
Old 01-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 338 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 64

My competition guns I like to have 6-10 mags per handgun. What I have lined up for concealed carry is 3 mags. My 15-22 I have 6 mags and for the full-size AR, I lost count but many are still new in package.

Old 01-27-2014, 09:23 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2161 Times on 1485 Posts
Likes Given: 804

If I see a good deal on high quality magazines I will buy several. If there is a dent in a pistol magazine I don't like to use it for SD. I am not saying a dented magazine will not work just fine. Not using a dented magazine is only personal preference.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 01-28-2014, 02:21 AM   #26
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Nope, just you.

Depends on the purpose of the handgun. My Ruger Mk III? 2 mags. Range shooting, and maybe bunny bopping.

Concealed carry? 1 mag. If two magazines have not resolved the issue, then I am in the middle of a firefight. Why the hell would I choose to get in a firefight with nothing but a handgun????

This is true, but what if that firefight came to you? Not that I've looked for a fight recently either.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 01-28-2014, 02:24 AM   #27
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3371 Times on 2282 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
This is true, but what if that firefight came to you? Not that I've looked for a fight recently either.....

John-Dents, Bent feed lips that can't be saved, Weak springs, Loose bottoms, all reasons to have extras..
But no,..I'm not carrying a Double Stack w/4 spares either....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 01-28-2014, 02:58 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3728 Times on 2285 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I want more for all my guns. Only have one for my M&P9c, two for my wife's full sized M&P (and they're silly Kalifornia 10 rounders), two for my Taurus .40, and one for my Bersa 22.

I would like five for each. Except the Bersa and Taurus. Those particular guns (just mine, not all) are junk and will probably be replaced in the next year anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
I did not know you were in law enforcement!!!
You must not have been paying attention.

If this is the first time you've read this, up until now you think I typed this out in response to this thread. Well, the jokes on you. This is my signature line. Know it, embrace it, love it.

Always have clean socks.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:54 AM   #29

Liked 70 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 54

My M&P 9MM has a17 rd mag that until recently were impossible to get at a fair price. All of a sudden they were everywhere and I bought 4 to go with the 2 that came with it. My XD subcompact I have 4 10rd and 4 16 rd mags. I wanted to be able to take it to states that banned more then 10 rd mags so I bought both. My Sig P938 I have 7. My SR22 I have 4. A couple older pistols only have 2 each.

When I go out to shoot, I like to pre load my magazines.

Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 AM   #30

I have 5 or 6 mags for most of my guns. Of course as others have said more is better especially on the hi cap ones

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Firearms Talk mobile app