Ammunition
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Ammunition

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2008, 10:59 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ammunition

What ammo does everybody, that buys ammo, use. I have found that Fiocchi works well for me. I use several different types from them and like them all. Their prices are really good through MidwayUSA, etc. My "house gun" is allways loaded with 158gr. Extrema (357). I have found all their ammo clean and safe. What do you think??

Markaf

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I like Fiocchi ammo, although I just use it for the range.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 08-13-2008, 12:25 AM   #3

I've used Fiocchi ammo in order to fire qualification rounds. Not the very best ammo, but certainly good enough. (Better than either Blazer or WWB)

Old 08-13-2008, 01:12 AM   #4

Liked 9 Times on 3 Posts

Their .32 ACP works ok for me in my '03 Colt Hammerless, but I've never used any of their other calibers. If the quality is the same as the .32 I'd give them a shot.

9x18=Makarov

Old 08-13-2008, 12:42 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8845 Times on 3829 Posts
Likes Given: 1374

Hi there! Janet Reno's worst nightmare here! The Fiocchi 22 Match pistol is great stuff- but my ammo storage is 3 ea 5 drawer filing cabinets! I have Milsurp from Turkey, Greece, Russia, China, Bulgaria, Pakistan, Switzerland, US, England and South Africa. Winchester, Federal, Eley, Remington, Privi Partisan, Wolf, Brown Bear, Blazer, CCI, Peters- and I handload. Probably have a few other makes in the bottom drawer........

Old 08-28-2008, 08:21 PM   #6

I am a big fan of Corbon Ammo. It isn't to badly priced and I have never had a problem with it. Feeds great into my 1911. I use 185 grain .45 acp+p for self defense and love it. I had some problems with Remmington Gold Saber in that the bullet would retract into the casing. The job the manufactures do with crimping by Corbon, upon eye expection, seems to be better. I have personally never shot Fiocchi but have heard good things about it.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:58 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I buy whatever is on sale at that time.
I also have bought bulk online at Georgia Arms
http://georgia-arms.com/index.aspx
(reloads - bought 9mm & .40, no problems)

Thay call it caned heat, the price includes the ammo can.

Old 09-04-2008, 11:54 PM   #8

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

For range shooting, practice, etc., I only use major, American made ammo. I get whatever's on sale at the time. Winchester, Remington, Federal, what-ever. Sometimes HP, sometimes FMJ hard-ball. I can't remember the last time I shot plain old lead bullets. I don't have any, and don't want any.

For carry ammo, I use only major American manufacturer premium (expensive) self defense ammo. I don't want to trust my life to cheap ammo.

In my .45's it is Federal Premium, Expanding Full Metal Jacket, 200 gr. +P.

In my personal .40 S&W I use the Federal EFMJ stuff in 165 gr., but I also have a good supply of surplus police issue Winchester Ranger XST (Talons.)

My employer issues me .40 S&W Federal Premium 180 gr. JHP Personal Defense ammo for my duty gun.

In my and my wife's .38 snubbys, we like Speer's 135 gr. +P, Short Barrel ammo.

In my .357 mag. snubby, I load it with Speer's 135 gr. Short Barrel.

I always try to buy American made ammo. I want to keep our firearms industries in business and profitable. The only imported stuff I've bought is some 7.62 x 54R for my Mosin Nygant. Winchester make it too, but can be difficult to find sometimes.

My opinion and experience. Your mileage may vary.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved

Old 09-05-2008, 10:36 AM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I try to buy US made ammo to. But sometimes it just doesn't work out. Bulgarian 7.62 is so much cheaper I can't ignor the savings. And it shoots fine.