Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > American-Made Firearms

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 05:57 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkieler View Post
My Springfield 1911 was made in Brazil but I traded it on a new Colt Combate Elite Which I believe is 100% American and made at the Hartford, CT plant
He would have been damn proud of your choice there...2 1/2 years ago!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-30-2011, 02:33 PM   #42

Liked 45 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
Mark, that is a good point. I will concede "True". However, you have to define what you are looking for.

As an example, Remington, and several other firearm related companies, are owned by Cerberus Capital, who have offices all over the globe. Money from the companies owned by Cerberus, I am sure, if funneled all over the place to take advantage of markets here and abroad.

Are the weapons being made here important? Or the money that you are spending being kept here more important?

JD
Hi Dillinger, Just wanted to point out that Cerberus is headquartered right in New York. The founders of the company are good American conservatives and Dan Quayle (our former VP) who, contrary to the liberal sponsored media image, is a brilliant guy is their Chairman of their Global Investments Group.

They contribute handsomely to conservative and Republican candidates. They do make investments globally but bring the profits right back to the USA. They have done a lot to bring antiquated inefficiently run gun companies into the 21st century, streamlining operations and funding research and development. I would go as far as saying that at no other time in American history have we had as many option in American made, high quality, reasonably priced firearms, specially coming from their group of companies, as we do today.

Old 07-02-2011, 01:47 AM   #43

Liked 644 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 390

Holy ****!!!

Savage, except for their shotguns.

A lot of the Beretta 92/96 line. Some, not many, still made in Italy.