Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > American Guns series - ya or nay

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2012, 10:06 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Both of these shows seem to help expose guns and gun people to the wider, mainstream culture.

Sure, liberties are taken, inaccuracies are allowed, and drama is highlighted, but so what?

Think of the benefits to those of us who enjoy shooting! These shows put positive imagery (see my comments above) in the homes of millions each episode. The negative responses to these shows saddens me. We should be supporting them.

I am!!!

Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 PM   #22

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha

It appears he walked right back in. Check out the latest episodes. He got his job back!
And then at. The finale he's told they're going their seperate ways

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 04-27-2012, 10:15 PM   #23

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep

Careful, she's only 16!!
Yeah, it's better than Red Jacket but I could do without the drama. Of course it's a TV show so there has to be some, I wish it was minimized though. I do like that there are more and more of these shows that for the most part show gun owning/shooting in a favorable light. Hopefully people will see that most gun owners are just good folks from all walks of life not the way we have always been portrayed by the media.
And the show is now over for me haha! What a rude awakening! I thought she was at least 19-20.. I just barely turned 22... All jokes aside the show isnt bad.

Old 04-28-2012, 01:14 AM   #24

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

16 will get ya 20 in some states.. Just saying.. As for the show I can't stand it, though the wife likes it..

Old 04-28-2012, 05:03 PM   #25

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I could tell the first time I watched it that she was a minor. She looks and acts just like a high school aged teen.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #26
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepejeep View Post
Careful, she's only 16!!
Yeah, it's better than Red Jacket but I could do without the drama. Of course it's a TV show so there has to be some, I wish it was minimized though. I do like that there are more and more of these shows that for the most part show gun owning/shooting in a favorable light. Hopefully people will see that most gun owners are just good folks from all walks of life not the way we have always been portrayed by the media.
Actually, shes legal now!

Last year she was 17...that makes her 18 now!

If it wasnt for the lips and the boobs, i wouldnt even bother.

The "Gunsmith" crew of Dumb, dumber, dumbest and curly Joe make me want to puke!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 04-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #27

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

If I gave 10 grand for a punt gun and all they gave me was a high tech potato gun I would be pissed off. A section of drill pipe and an iron cap off the internet !!!
Then the vet comes in , and he charges him an arm and a leg for the pistol while he goes on and on about how he is honored . If he was so honored he should have skipped the entire thing with the SEAL team helo, snowmobiles, explosions and just gave the gun to the guy and thanked him for his service. The 1911 only cost Gunsmoke a few hundred in employee time a little in material, the cnc is probably paid for 10 over by now and he probably get an awesome deal on 1911 parts…….so he doesn’t really care about anything but making money.

The wife is an idiot…”your hot for landing”….who says that in aviation?....no one.They dont show her much for a reason. The daughter is doing better than most of her generation,she is intelligent but still spoiled and as a father I would have a problem with the way she presents herself for the show. The son is the best of the family in my opinion.

There is one good gunsmith there, the others are not that skilled or just plain to lazy for the price the shop charges for the work. I watch it purely to see some cool and rare firearms and every now and then they have some cool footage of machining and shooting.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #28

Liked 26 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunHo View Post
That's what I'm talking about. Somebody that has actually been there. Thanks for the insight. I am very jealous though of the lighter gun laws in Colorado. they make testing guns look like test driving cars....
That is the very reason I like Michigan, just walk out the backdoor and bust some cap anytime a shooter wants to. The DNR has designated outdoor, public shooting areas were a shooter can go and shoot all day long.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #29

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
If I gave 10 grand for a punt gun and all they gave me was a high tech potato gun I would be pissed off. A section of drill pipe and an iron cap off the internet !!!
Then the vet comes in , and he charges him an arm and a leg for the pistol while he goes on and on about how he is honored . If he was so honored he should have skipped the entire thing with the SEAL team helo, snowmobiles, explosions and just gave the gun to the guy and thanked him for his service. The 1911 only cost Gunsmoke a few hundred in employee time a little in material, the cnc is probably paid for 10 over by now and he probably get an awesome deal on 1911 parts…….so he doesn’t really care about anything but making money.

The wife is an idiot…”your hot for landing”….who says that in aviation?....no one.They dont show her much for a reason. The daughter is doing better than most of her generation,she is intelligent but still spoiled and as a father I would have a problem with the way she presents herself for the show. The son is the best of the family in my opinion.

There is one good gunsmith there, the others are not that skilled or just plain to lazy for the price the shop charges for the work. I watch it purely to see some cool and rare firearms and every now and then they have some cool footage of machining and shooting.
Some very good points and I agree with all of them. I couldn't believe that 1911 was $3,500. I wouldn't have paid that. Then again, what does it say when a gun shop owns a damn helicopter. I means you paid too much for you gun.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:54 AM   #30

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

For 3500 he should have started with iron ore and forged the steel himself....sweet gun but damn he took that poor dude for a ride I don’t care what he engraved on it, should have inlayed it with gold or something.
And he only wanted to give the guy 200 bucks for the Remington 700, that stock was worth more than that . The thumb hole might not be everyone’s bag but anyone who knows stocks knows that one is worth over 200, the grain was incredible on that stock…..so it’s like any other gun shop, give you next to nothing and charge top dollar.