Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   American Guns series - ya or nay (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/american-guns-series-ya-nay-63380/)

GunHo 04-27-2012 03:46 PM

American Guns series - ya or nay

Now that we got your opinions on Red Jacket, what do you guys think of American Guns series? I'll tell you this much; it's a lot better than Red Jacket. They are more into building guns than building drama.

The last episode with the punt gun was kind of silly. But I really like the cannon they built that shoots bowling balls; bad @$$. I also like the fact that they touch a lot on classic/vintage guns which is very educational; especially for a novice like me. Overall, I say yaaaa.

Your thoughts?

silverado113 04-27-2012 03:50 PM

I don't like American Guns at all. I watched a few episodes and just can't get into a gun shop owner flying clients in a helicopter although I wouldn't mind meeting the wife and shooting a couple rounds.

pagj17 04-27-2012 03:56 PM

After watching the season premier i think I'll give it one last shot and be done if the drama is anything like it was this episode.

GunHo 04-27-2012 03:57 PM

You mean Renee? I'm sure you would. She's a hot mom and she loves guns. Although, her anniversary present was kind of silly. A blinged out 1911 with diamonds? Really? And what about the pink 1911 they built... OK, the owners are women so why not. Glad to see more and more women joining the sport.

ar_elite 04-27-2012 04:01 PM

Where I'm at American guns series has been canceled do to a low number of viewers. But I agree with you, I like the show better than red jacket. I cant stand the dudes daughter. And when the one guy walked out on red jacket I stopped watching the show. He was the only gun smith that really knew what he was doing.

silverado113 04-27-2012 04:02 PM

Agree on the women and if they want diamonds on a pistol fine, it doesn't make sense to me. I just don't like the over dramatic crap, I actually think it's worse then SOG but at least the show is having a positive impact on new shooters or people who are leery about gun ownership. I did like the build for the pastor but 10K :eek: I don't know too many people that have that kinda cash sitting around, especially a pastor.

NotMormon 04-27-2012 04:04 PM

They are starting to add the drama. It's TV so inevitably it will be filled with BS in one form or another. My favorite is how they portray some guy just walking in off the street looking to buy, sell, trade or what the hell ever and somehow they have the whole bio on said stranger.

GunHo 04-27-2012 04:13 PM

Yes, I like the pastor pistol too. But for $10K, ouch. Churches must be doing well out in Colorado. And yes, the drama is starting to pile in but that's part of the script. You can't have TV without drama. We can thank American Choppers for that. Overall, they do a lot more technical building than Red Jacket. And with the CNC machine; with the right specs, is it that easy to mill a 1911 frame?

HOSSFLY 04-27-2012 04:38 PM

Overall it just sucks-

ballistix45 04-27-2012 04:48 PM

Damn I only watch that show cause of their daughter paige!! ;) now shes a hottie!!