Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   American guns!!!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/american-guns-90717/)

shamrock22 05-15-2013 02:23 AM

American guns!!!!!

We as Americans should stick together and only buy guns that are made in America. Stop buying this foreign guns. Help american workers and factories, keep them working. ONLY BUY AMERICAN

aandabooks 05-15-2013 02:38 AM

In theory I agree completely. You'd be keeping alot of really good guns on you're buying radar but would be ruling out several good ones as well. SA, Glock, Walther would all be out.

apwvsd40ve 05-15-2013 02:42 AM

I, as well, agree in principle. I prefer to buy American when possible. In terms of firearms, I do not own one (that I am aware of) that is not American. With that said...I have been forced to buy ammo that is not American made..not by choice but out of necessity!

Anna_Purna 05-15-2013 02:47 AM

I own a Sako 25.06, CZ-455, CZ-75 9mm, a Galil ARM, a Weatherby Vanguard, and a Hungarian AKM. And will only give them up when they pry them from my cold dead fingers. ;)

sputnik1988 05-15-2013 02:47 AM

I actually only have 4 American made guns, while I support American companies whenever possible, I see value in foreign firearms as well.

All but 3 of my guns are secondhand though.

HockaLouis 05-15-2013 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamrock22 (Post 1247163)
We as Americans should stick together and only buy guns that are made in America. Stop buying this foreign guns. Help american workers and factories, keep them working. ONLY BUY AMERICAN

Nice sentiment. Provincial. But patriotic at least. The perspective that people are buying foreign arms and therefore not buying an American one is also myopic, misguided, and fairly meaningless.

Browning's a great American company. And if you own one it was probably made in Belgium or Japan. How many "American" gun companies have been or are owned by foreign conglomerates. Hell, our M-16 and M-9 are made by foreign firms although maybe right here in the good ol' USA.

You cheerlead for America -- that's fine. But have an Irish moniker -- that's hypocritcal. It's a big, small, world my friend -- join it.

BeyondTheBox 05-15-2013 04:44 AM

Unless used, then you're just being a financially intelligent buyer neither helping nor harming any countries economy.

tCan 05-15-2013 04:54 AM

It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind.

hardluk1 05-15-2013 10:39 AM

shamrock22 That all sounds good but if you don't practice that across the board on everthing you buy its foolish. To many as good and better products made other than here except for a few small areas.

My money is spent on what fits my needs both in quality and price and if it turns out to be American , so be it.

apwvsd40ve 05-15-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tCan (Post 1247310)
It is lamentable, that to be a good patriot one must become the enemy of the rest of mankind.

I do not think that the OP neccesarily meant this in the extreme context that you feel. In theory, the more American made products we buy, and the less "made in ......" We buy....the better it is for our country. Now, with that said, there are instances where this becomes difficult. I try to make sure large purchases (vehicles, for example) are American made. However, most of the Toyota line in our country is American produced...but the parts are not, necessarily. I purchase American owned and operated brands. (jeep, ford, gmc, etc.) Our global economy had blurred the lines a bit. But, that s not to say we should not at least try to support American made when possible....just my $.02.