Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Am I having buyers remorse?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911love View Post
Local is almost always better. Build a relationship, if that business is interested in keeping their doors open they will make you happy. If not, my EXP is they will close or get a bad rep.
That's also a good point. During the shortage I was getting ammo when very few others were. If my LGS had it, they would sell to me, with or without a firearm purchase. I've been dealing with that store for years, and while they might limit my quantities, they always had ammo for me.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1125 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 1626

I have a Smith Bodyguard .380 with a laser that came with it. Out of a few dozen guns, it's the only gun I have that has a laser. When I first bought it, I tested the laser, and found it to be OK in function and pretty close to point of impact at 10 yards. Since then, I have never used it. I'd rather use the sights. Maybe if I hear a BG in my house in the dark of night, I might use it, but I'd turn on the lights and use the sights if I had the chance. I expect that the BG could see the laser and know where I was anyway, so I'd just turn on the lights. Plus, the BG .380 is my backup, and I'd likely go with my Taurus PT145 (with no laser) anyway.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #33
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2710 Times on 1862 Posts
Likes Given: 542

Yup,..the Only remorse We have is that I'm not buying More!! I put the Laser Lyte on my LC9, and the Combo From LaserMax on my SR9. I like having them, but I don't NEED them. Red Dots or Holographic Sights are a different animal. Putting a TruGlo 2x42 on Both The Mossberg 20 Ga. & the Mossberg 22LR. And either & Burris(332 or 536) or a C&C Prismatic(basically the same scope for the Same Price) on the Mini. I hear Cabelas has the Same Sight for just a little less(their brand) like $289-Burris is $349 List for the 332, but I have seen it as much as $40 less. 536 Lists for $399 but Have not seen it on Sale anywhere...

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 10-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #34

Liked 110 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Lasers are nice for some...I have one weapon, pictured below, with a laser and I really like it...having said that, I have no plans on putting lasers on more of my guns at this point.

I would not worry about lack of a laser...if you get a chance to try one, do so and I think you will enjoy it though some do view them as a "gimmick" so maybe, maybe not. You won't know till you try one. I think every gun enthusiast should try one/own one just because lasers are a pretty cool feature for some. I would not obsess over the gun you purchased without the laser though...

photo.jpg  

Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind.
-Thomas Jefferson to James Smith, 1822.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:07 AM   #35

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
I don't think a laser is necessary. In a self defense situation you won't need a laser. Enjoy your new gun and forget about the laser. You don't need one. Learn to be good with that pistol with the sights.
My exact thoughts. I'd rather have a nice set of night sights.

Old 10-10-2013, 02:17 AM   #36
Proud to be an American
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 349 Posts
Likes Given: 362

I only own one and its the side mounted by LaserLyte on my Ruger LC9 and after close to two years of everyday carry its still dead on.
Its unobtrusive and fits in most holsters with no issues, the reason I keep it on the gun is its intimidation value, when the RED DOT is on your chest! Realistically night sights work best in the daylight.
So while I don't rely on it exclusively its there if and when needed.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

Old 10-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #37

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

These are way better than lasers

image-3710917860.jpg

Old 10-16-2013, 10:30 PM   #38

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonjayson View Post
These are way better than lasers

Attachment 121970
+10 ^^^^^

I was just thinking that the Ultra should have come with a very good set of night sights on it. Embrace the GLOW.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #39
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 242 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 91

I have a laser on my LCP. It's hump n bump sights almost require it.

Lasers are excellent trainers - instand feedback on trigger control.

Lasers provide intimidation - my brother used his twice and both times the BG immediately stopped and was taken into custody w/o firing a shot. (he is LEO - yet he had to remove it as it was not original equipment)

The hit rate for "trained" police officers when they have to use their service weapons is approx 1 in 5 or 20%. They "know" about sights - they must qualify w whatever they carry but under stress/duress they do not use them.

My vote: If you want a Laser, buy one. It's a hell of a lot cheaper than getting a problem gun. If yours shoots straight and is reliable w your ammo of choice - thank your lucky stars.

Not all guns leave the factory floor "OK" - forums are full of them and if you buy several, sooner or later you will get one that needs "help" to reach its potential. If it can't be helped, then - as my gunsmith was fond of saying -don't sell it local.

IMHO: You may have dodged a bullet - be thankful.

Last edited by Gonzilla; 10-16-2013 at 11:22 PM.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #40

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have a S&W bodyguard 380 with a laser...it's fun! I practice with it on and off and prefer shooting with it off. Also I don't think i will worry about turning it on in the stress of actually having to use it.