Am I having buyers remorse? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Am I having buyers remorse?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 03:38 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 488 Times on 314 Posts
Likes Given: 1165

If you are in a self defence situation, the laser will show the bad guy exactly where to aim at YOU

Old 10-09-2013, 03:59 AM   #22
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8786 Times on 5252 Posts
Likes Given: 11656

I don't think a laser is necessary. In a self defense situation you won't need a laser. Enjoy your new gun and forget about the laser. You don't need one. Learn to be good with that pistol with the sights.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-09-2013, 04:07 AM   #23

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have had and still one one with a laser on it. I honestly don't see it as a real advantage. I understand that you are thinking like it or not they aint free and I could have got one. But by your own admission you don't care for them much so what doers it matter?

Maybe next time to a little research BEFORE you go out to buy. And remember, internet pricing can look good on the surface but when buying guns online ther area extra hoops to jump through and all of them cost money or time. But it's good to get an idea what things are selling for before you go out to spend your money.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-09-2013, 04:22 AM   #24

Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I run lasers on ALL my carry weapons. I don't depend on them. I shoot outdoors, so I don't practice with them other than sighting them in and periodically verifying their point of impact.

Advantages:

Intimidation, tells that bad guy RIGHT where he is going to be perforated.

If you are disabled in a SD situation and can't properly hold the weapon, you can still aim. Also great for shooting in unconventional positions very quickly.

Aids in point shooting at ranges just past danger close, 3-5 yards.

I don't see any disadvantages to running a laser as long as you are not dependent on them. To me they are like GPS, great as long as you know how to use a map and compass.

Old 10-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #25

Liked 1139 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Friend of mine sold me a used handgun for $500, and a week later I see the same gun in a big box store, new, for one dollar less money.

My friend has a small gun store.

Can't win em all.

Old 10-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Lasers illuminate at both ends, just like a flashlight. If you are going to use one don't hold the gun in front of your body.
People Like This 
Old 10-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post
Lasers illuminate at both ends, just like a flashlight. If you are going to use one don't hold the gun in front of your body.
That's a GREAT point. If my sidearm is drawn, it's probably going to go bang.

If you draw it, it better be a life or death situation and you better be able to squeeze that bang button.

Doc, great point, don't hold down the activation point until contact is made. Just like a flashlight.

Thanks for bringing that up, those lasers definitely illuminate the target area, MORE than most folks think. Be careful, and test your gear.

Doc gets a +1000 for bringing this to "light". Most folks don't realize how much a laser spots an area. It's bright, do your homework.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR10 View Post
Friend of mine sold me a used handgun for $500, and a week later I see the same gun in a big box store, new, for one dollar less money.

My friend has a small gun store.

Can't win em all.
I'm the type of person that will support the local guy long before I will support the big box stores. If it cost me a few bucks extra, so what? That local guy will turn around and spend his money here. The big box store probably won't.

Another advantage with dealing locally is something most of you probably won't have to deal with. Our local UPS hub is kind of nasty about shipping firearms from a private citizen. If you deal with a local dealer most of them will do the shipping for you. It will cost me $5 US to get a new background check when the gun comes back, but I don't have to put up with a shipper with an attitude.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post

I'm the type of person that will support the local guy long before I will support the big box stores. If it cost me a few bucks extra, so what? That local guy will turn around and spend his money here. The big box store probably won't.

Another advantage with dealing locally is something most of you probably won't have to deal with. Our local UPS hub is kind of nasty about shipping firearms from a private citizen. If you deal with a local dealer most of them will do the shipping for you. It will cost me $5 US to get a new background check when the gun comes back, but I don't have to put up with a shipper with an attitude.
Local is almost always better. Build a relationship, if that business is interested in keeping their doors open they will make you happy. If not, my EXP is they will close or get a bad rep.
Axxe55 Likes This 
Old 10-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #30

Liked 126 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

I think lasers are more a result of Hollywood than of real life. Good for training maybe.

As for home defense use, I chose a rail mounted flashlight: the center of the beam is also center mass. I won't need to be looking for a tiny red dot to see if I am on target.

By the way, the only buyer's remorse I have is the remorse I feel because I am not buying more!!!!
Axxe55 Likes This