Am I having buyers remorse? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion >

Am I having buyers remorse?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2013, 12:23 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 379 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 70

I don't use lasers. Don't think I'll ever need one. Once I buy a gun, I hold it, appreciate it, marvel at it for awhile. Then I hang it on the wall and start planning for the next one. If I'm happy with it, it was worth what I paid for it.

Old 10-09-2013, 12:33 AM   #12

Liked 118 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I wouldn't have a laser on one of my guns, though I am a big believer in night sights. Never mind what you saw on Gunbroker. Enjoy your Kimber. They're great guns.
People Like This 
Old 10-09-2013, 12:50 AM   #13
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3525 Times on 2022 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

Let me get this straight.

You bought a gun. As you walked out of the LGS you had a smile (important part of a good deal).

You shoot good with it and had more smiles.

Then you found out that you could have had a laser for about the same price? (Now you're frowning).

Think back that if we did not have the internet and you were not offered a chance to compare your purchase to what is on the internet.
(Does that get you a little of "Yeah, if there was not an internet, I would be pleased with my purchase!" smile?)

So be pleased with what you did. And grin like a well fed possum.

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 10-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #14

Liked 189 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 196

some people, like me, suffer from pre-decision making stress syndrome....that is I sweat the deal before I make the purchase, but once I do...I am free and I don't care what I run in to later as it never bothers me.

Others, sounds like you, suffer from post-decision making stress syndrome...that is you are spontaneous and then worry later if you did the right thing. Unfortunately that is more about you than the gun. It is easy for me to say don't worry about it... so don't worry about it. All things have a value range and at the time you made your decision, the trade of dollars for gun made sense from a value standpoint. You did good and enjoy your weapon as it will last your lifetime and there are not many things you will buy that you can say that about....makes your decision look really smart!

Old 10-09-2013, 01:10 AM   #15

Liked 446 Times on 277 Posts
Likes Given: 9

lasers are useless outdoors, which is where I do all my shooting. at anything more than a few yards you can't see the dot anymore &, like others have said, you spend more time trying to find the dot than it would take to aim & shoot.

I had one on one of my handguns & took it off & sold it, no use for it.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:15 AM   #16

Liked 490 Times on 317 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You've got the money for a Kimber, you've got enough for your own laser.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:33 AM   #17

Liked 247 Times on 169 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmis1127 View Post
Hello All,

This is my first post with you fine people and am glad to be here!

Yesterday I purchased a Kimber Ultra+ CDP II from my local gun shop. I shot great with the pistol, looks awesome and is all around a good gun to me. When I got home I went on gun broker.com (which I knew I shouldn't have) but I found the same gun but with a laser for around the same price. Now I am having some buyers remorse. I feel like a laser cripples a shooter because they begin to depend on it but it is also nice to have.

What do you guys think?

Do you guys think a laser is necessary?

Should I beat myself up about the laser or enjoy the pistol?

Thank you in advanced.
Id say no, the pistol you bought was brand new, a virgin, and the pistol online has probably been passed around. Lasers aren't really all that cool. You can't see them in daylight, stressed about when those little batteries are going to due, with the laser your limited to which grips you can put on. When I get tired of looking at a 1911 I change the grips and it's like getting a new one. I got my laser for free and I didn't even want it after awhile. With the laser you have to but forward pressure with your trigger squeezing hand and I was taught not to so it threw me off.

Bottom line you did good and have a fine looking pistol now, just Careful with those idiot marks!

Old 10-09-2013, 02:01 AM   #18

Liked 128 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 32

I will probably never use the built in laser on my S&W BG .380 and that is fine.I see it as more of a novelty than anything else.I'm not really a fan of putting flashlights,lasers,bayonets,etc on handguns.
Don't worry about it.Enjoy your Kimber.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:32 AM   #19

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Lasers are for night time. Too distracting for me at the range. Use the sights.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #20

Liked 2123 Times on 1352 Posts
Likes Given: 1217

What. Are you satisfied with your gun? That's the question.
You've purchased a fine weapon, don't second guess yourself about the purchase over accessories or you'll never be happy.

If you feel the need, you can add a laser to your next one. There's always a next one.