Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Am I having buyers remorse? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/am-i-having-buyers-remorse-98354/)

timmis1127 10-08-2013 11:44 PM

Am I having buyers remorse?

Hello All,

This is my first post with you fine people and am glad to be here!

Yesterday I purchased a Kimber Ultra+ CDP II from my local gun shop. I shot great with the pistol, looks awesome and is all around a good gun to me. When I got home I went on gun broker.com (which I knew I shouldn't have) but I found the same gun but with a laser for around the same price. Now I am having some buyers remorse. I feel like a laser cripples a shooter because they begin to depend on it but it is also nice to have.

What do you guys think?

Do you guys think a laser is necessary?

Should I beat myself up about the laser or enjoy the pistol?

Thank you in advanced.

txpossum 10-08-2013 11:47 PM

Laser, not necessary -- in fact, what happens if you get dependent on it, and at a critical moment it doesn't work.

Just my opinion.

orangello 10-08-2013 11:47 PM

Enjoy the pistol and borrow a laser to try out. Strangely, everybody I know who owns a laser wants me to get one, and about half of them seem willing to let me borrow theirs to try out.

If they are soooooo great, how are all these people willing to come off theirs to let me test drive it?

timmis1127 10-08-2013 11:50 PM

I could buy a Crimson laser grip they retail for about $400 which I think is outrageous! I have a Sig P220 Platinum Elite with a Lasermax laser which is in the rod, it is nice to have it on there but at times I feel I am dependent on it.

Gatoragn 10-08-2013 11:53 PM

You also have to factor in shipping and FFL fees when comparing local prices to Gunbroker.

timmis1127 10-08-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gatoragn (Post 1395935)
You also have to factor in shipping and FFL fees when comparing local prices to Gunbroker.

Its not so much the price I am concerned about, its more of the fact I could get more for the same thing, if that makes any sense :confused:

bluez 10-08-2013 11:59 PM

No matter what you buy , or what kind of deal you get, you can ALWAYS find a better deal right afterwards .
It's a fact of life :D

gr8oldguy 10-09-2013 12:05 AM

Enjoy your great new gun, don't worry about something you don't need.

JonM 10-09-2013 12:06 AM

my opinion on lasers is they make you slow. you spend time looking for a dot on a target instead of using proper shooting techniques.

lasers wont make you automagically figure out trigger control. cant hit with open sights your not going to do any better with a laser.

they are gimmicks at best

timmis1127 10-09-2013 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 1395945)
my opinion on lasers is they make you slow. you spend time looking for a dot on a target instead of using proper shooting techniques.

lasers wont make you automagically figure out trigger control. cant hit with open sights your not going to do any better with a laser.

they are gimmicks at best

You're right!

Because when I am shooting with my Sig that has a laser I spend more time focusing on where the dot is then focusing on my sights.

Thanks for the advice. :D