Alcohol = No pistols/guns? - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Alcohol = No pistols/guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
And again this thread was for mainly drinking at your home or residence. If someone breaks in, I'm not going to not get a gun because I was drinking. Sorry aint happening
I'll be honest... if its just referring to drinking at home... yes im gunna grab my gun... a drunk guy waving a pistol around would scare the **** out of anyone... lol

Old 07-13-2013, 10:27 AM   #52

Liked 3615 Times on 2065 Posts
Likes Given: 2504

I join my brothers and sometimes my father for several beers and wings, about once every other week, @ a local, rural tavern, that is about 2-3 miles from our homes, for all but Pop. When we do this, no guns are carried, ever, even though both my younger brother and myself have CC permits.

I never carry if my wife and I are going out to dinner, because I will prob. have a glass of wine or two.

@home we don't fondle our guns anyway, they are not locked away, they are placed strategically throughout the house and only locked away if we have company. We have no children.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #53
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1435 Times on 756 Posts
Likes Given: 626

The main word here is responsibility. Know your limits. If you don't know when you're legally beyond the limit and out in public, try this.

I don't think anyone believes that one drink and you'll be too intoxicated to handle a car or a gun. Just be aware that if you have been drinking and anyone knows it or there is evidence, it may become a complicating issue to your defense case. The above item could help in that case as well.

At home, you grab a gun to defend yourself as a last ditch effort. IMHO, nothing should stop you from protecting your life in your own home.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Old 07-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #54

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

I & most friends drink while we plink----We're all old enough to know limits
Nobody i know drinks while carrying ............

Old 07-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #55

Liked 1727 Times on 1029 Posts
Likes Given: 372

Alcohol or drugs and guns don't mix. You always have the option of choosing one or the other. If you feel the need to carry, don't drink. If you feel the need to drink, don't carry, it is really a very simple choice.

If, you ever found yourself in a situation similar to the Zimmerman debacle, you would be damn hard to defend if you shot anyone if your blood alcohol was above the maximum for driving.

Carl Sagan
gunnut07 Likes This 
Old 07-13-2013, 12:36 PM   #56

Liked 459 Times on 296 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Don't drink much any more, never at home. If I'm out and I do have one unplanned, the empty weapon goes in the lockbox under the seat, ammo in the bed of my pickup. Michigan law says CPL holders are limited to .02 on the breathalyzer. I wash my mouth out with Listerine I'll blow a .02. Not gonna roll those dice.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #57
FAA licensed bugsmasher

Liked 2472 Times on 1324 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgsf View Post
o he11 i get drunk as a sunk and run around with nothing on , but a belt a pair of handcuffs and my sidearm . And yell at the top of my lungs do you want to see my badge.
tmi

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 07-13-2013 at 01:53 PM.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #58

Liked 319 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 399

No firearms handling if you even crack a beer or open a bottle. If you don't like it, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

I feel the same about about driving. I have lost good friends and family because of drunk drivers.

Old 07-13-2013, 09:48 PM   #59
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM

I think more importantly just how is it that having a drink of alcohol is so much more important to some folks than their personal safety and safety of their families... the two in the gunstore chose to risk their lives foolishly by consuming alcohol

I just cannot comprehend why drinking booze is so important to folks they would choose that over being coherent enough to operate a vehicle safely or carry a firearm safely. Boggles me it does
Agreed. I stopped associating with certain folk because they can't put down the beer. I like a good whiskey on the rocks as much as the next guy but not to the point where I risk what is Near & Dear to me....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 07-13-2013, 09:59 PM   #60
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...

Liked 3380 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust
I join my brothers and sometimes my father for several beers and wings, about once every other week, @ a local, rural tavern, that is about 2-3 miles from our homes, for all but Pop. When we do this, no guns are carried, ever, even though both my younger brother and myself have CC permits.

I never carry if my wife and I are going out to dinner, because I will prob. have a glass of wine or two.

@home we don't fondle our guns anyway, they are not locked away, they are placed strategically throughout the house and only locked away if we have company. We have no children.
You mean you don't fondle before sex?? Wow.....

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...