Alcohol = No pistols/guns?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Alcohol = No pistols/guns?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 04:28 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Default Alcohol = No pistols/guns?

So I have heard a lot of guys say that if they have anything to drink, even just one drink they lock the carry piece away and or lock all handguns/guns away...

I sometimes have a few glasses of wine or a few beers at home on weekends, long days, football, etc. My gun stays on my side. Same rules apply, trigger safety, staying in holster, all that good stuff. Noe I don't gey drunk, I have a few at times iny home. Other guys say they Never do that. Am I the only one?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #2

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade
So I have heard a lot of guys say that if they have anything to drink, even just one drink they lock the carry piece away and or lock all handguns/guns away...

I sometimes have a few glasses of wine or a few beers at home on weekends, long days, football, etc. My gun stays on my side. Same rules apply, trigger safety, staying in holster, all that good stuff. Noe I don't gey drunk, I have a few at times iny home. Other guys say they Never do that. Am I the only one?
I think if you can drive a car you can handle a weapon. Any more than that and you are asking for trouble.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:30 AM   #3

Liked 2018 Times on 1112 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

I am ok with 1 beer. Anymore than 1 and the gun gets put away. And it get put away before I have the 2nd one...not after.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

rockratt Likes This 
Old 07-12-2013, 04:59 AM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967 View Post
I am ok with 1 beer. Anymore than 1 and the gun gets put away. And it get put away before I have the 2nd one...not after.
I agree... here its against the law to be in possession of a firearm while intoxicated, (legally intoxicated as in .08 not your own judgment of intoxicated). So I always put mine up either prior to drinking or after the first on my way to the second.

Lo que sea, cuando sea, donde sea

Old 07-12-2013, 05:14 AM   #5

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

If you had to use it and you were drinking it would definitely give fuel to prosecutors. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't go after you if you had more than one drink in you. I'd be worried about them going after me even if I weren't drinking with the way things are these days. But I think one drink is acceptable.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:20 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy View Post
If you had to use it and you were drinking it would definitely give fuel to prosecutors. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't go after you if you had more than one drink in you. I'd be worried about them going after me even if I weren't drinking with the way things are these days. But I think one drink is acceptable.
You aint kidding... lol... however even when im drinking I always rack one when I head to bed lol j.i. c.

Old 07-12-2013, 05:52 AM   #7

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'm not exactly sure if I've stopped drinking or just seriously cut down. But throughout the entire time there's always been at least one gun out within my reach in my house since I was 21. I do think it's not wise to be out shooting and hammering Budweisers. If there's company in the house it would be wise to put things up where wandering hands can't reach them.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 07-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #8

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
I'm not exactly sure if I've stopped drinking or just seriously cut down. But throughout the entire time there's always been at least one gun out within my reach in my house since I was 21. I do think it's not wise to be out shooting and hammering Budweisers. If there's company in the house it would be wise to put things up where wandering hands can't reach them.
I hear ya... but I live in a house with a hypocrit... my father in law is supposedly a pro gun person but flips out whenever I wear my gun. So I keep it close but out of sight an conceal to the vehicle just to avoid tue hassle lol... what doesn't help matters any is that he is an extreme alcoholic an hes one reason I keep it close lol...

racer_x Likes This 
Old 07-12-2013, 06:07 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I always carry even when drinking but I only have 2 drinks a month 1 drink at each of 2 meetings I go to. One on the first Tuesday and the other on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Even then they are half shots.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 07-12-2013, 07:14 AM   #10

Liked 4792 Times on 2680 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

We had an incident in our local gun store. A felon held up the store with a Remington 700 30-06. There were 2 customers who always carry .45 ACPs. They had stopped in a local bar for lunch and placed their 1911s in their pick-up.
They were in the LGS with empty holsters when the robbery took place. The "Perp" got up set and fired the 30-06 one of the fellows was hit by bullet frags hitting a gun safe.
The story ends on the street when a deputy and a T-Cop shot the "perp" 21 times with their AR-15 rifles. What if the 2 customers would not have disarmed for a "Bud Lite"?