Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   General Handgun Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/)
-   -   Alcohol = No pistols/guns? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/alcohol-no-pistols-guns-93785/)

GlockRenegade 07-12-2013 03:28 AM

Alcohol = No pistols/guns?
 
So I have heard a lot of guys say that if they have anything to drink, even just one drink they lock the carry piece away and or lock all handguns/guns away...

I sometimes have a few glasses of wine or a few beers at home on weekends, long days, football, etc. My gun stays on my side. Same rules apply, trigger safety, staying in holster, all that good stuff. Noe I don't gey drunk, I have a few at times iny home. Other guys say they Never do that. Am I the only one?

Hectocotylus 07-12-2013 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlockRenegade
So I have heard a lot of guys say that if they have anything to drink, even just one drink they lock the carry piece away and or lock all handguns/guns away...

I sometimes have a few glasses of wine or a few beers at home on weekends, long days, football, etc. My gun stays on my side. Same rules apply, trigger safety, staying in holster, all that good stuff. Noe I don't gey drunk, I have a few at times iny home. Other guys say they Never do that. Am I the only one?

I think if you can drive a car you can handle a weapon. Any more than that and you are asking for trouble.

Rick1967 07-12-2013 03:30 AM

I am ok with 1 beer. Anymore than 1 and the gun gets put away. And it get put away before I have the 2nd one...not after.

irishmac 07-12-2013 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967 (Post 1302073)
I am ok with 1 beer. Anymore than 1 and the gun gets put away. And it get put away before I have the 2nd one...not after.

I agree... here its against the law to be in possession of a firearm while intoxicated, (legally intoxicated as in .08 not your own judgment of intoxicated). So I always put mine up either prior to drinking or after the first on my way to the second.

sbeezy 07-12-2013 04:14 AM

If you had to use it and you were drinking it would definitely give fuel to prosecutors. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't go after you if you had more than one drink in you. I'd be worried about them going after me even if I weren't drinking with the way things are these days. But I think one drink is acceptable.

irishmac 07-12-2013 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sbeezy (Post 1302108)
If you had to use it and you were drinking it would definitely give fuel to prosecutors. I have a hard time believing they wouldn't go after you if you had more than one drink in you. I'd be worried about them going after me even if I weren't drinking with the way things are these days. But I think one drink is acceptable.

You aint kidding... lol... however even when im drinking I always rack one when I head to bed lol j.i. c.

DrumJunkie 07-12-2013 04:52 AM

I'm not exactly sure if I've stopped drinking or just seriously cut down. But throughout the entire time there's always been at least one gun out within my reach in my house since I was 21. I do think it's not wise to be out shooting and hammering Budweisers. If there's company in the house it would be wise to put things up where wandering hands can't reach them.

irishmac 07-12-2013 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrumJunkie (Post 1302128)
I'm not exactly sure if I've stopped drinking or just seriously cut down. But throughout the entire time there's always been at least one gun out within my reach in my house since I was 21. I do think it's not wise to be out shooting and hammering Budweisers. If there's company in the house it would be wise to put things up where wandering hands can't reach them.

I hear ya... but I live in a house with a hypocrit... my father in law is supposedly a pro gun person but flips out whenever I wear my gun. So I keep it close but out of sight an conceal to the vehicle just to avoid tue hassle lol... what doesn't help matters any is that he is an extreme alcoholic an hes one reason I keep it close lol...

armsmaster270 07-12-2013 05:07 AM

I always carry even when drinking but I only have 2 drinks a month 1 drink at each of 2 meetings I go to. One on the first Tuesday and the other on the 3rd Wednesday of the month. Even then they are half shots.

nitestalker 07-12-2013 06:14 AM

We had an incident in our local gun store. A felon held up the store with a Remington 700 30-06. There were 2 customers who always carry .45 ACPs. They had stopped in a local bar for lunch and placed their 1911s in their pick-up.
They were in the LGS with empty holsters when the robbery took place. The "Perp" got up set and fired the 30-06 one of the fellows was hit by bullet frags hitting a gun safe.
The story ends on the street when a deputy and a T-Cop shot the "perp" 21 times with their AR-15 rifles. What if the 2 customers would not have disarmed for a "Bud Lite"? :confused:


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.