Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Alaskan winter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Default Alaskan winter

So I need some help with a holster. Right now I'm using a blackhawk serpa cqc and it worked fine until I had to start wearing my thick winter gear. The weapon can't e exposed and I need to be able to get to it soooooo.... Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7609 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 1129

Dude- moved your thread- you posted in the section for computer help with the forum. What is the firearm you are carrying? When I was in the field in the Great land (Fairbanks and North) we used a leather flap style holder- and a lanyard on the pistol- helps you find it before spring thaw if you drop it. Wondering what the Troopers and Game Wardens carry?

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 12-02-2012, 12:21 AM   #3

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I'd spring for a nice shoulder holster, assuming its a full size pistol G20 or so

Old 12-02-2012, 12:33 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter
Dude- moved your thread- you posted in the section for computer help with the forum. What is the firearm you are carrying? When I was in the field in the Great land (Fairbanks and North) we used a leather flap style holder- and a lanyard on the pistol- helps you find it before spring thaw if you drop it. Wondering what the Troopers and Game Wardens carry?
Hahaha thanks, they often carry a long gun because of this issue, or the coats have a zipper on the right side. I have to wear coveralls and I bought a pistol so i wasn't toteing around my rifle anymore.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #5

Liked 83 Times on 65 Posts

If you go to 5/11's website then go to outerware then concealed carry you might find something that might fit you're needs.