Advice on buying a handgun via the internet - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Advice on buying a handgun via the internet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 68

Default +1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayettedave View Post
I only do so with larger entities, specifically Gunbroker.com and Budsgunshop.com. This is mostly because, while I think it’s important to support my local gun shops, I can pretty much always find what I'm looking for at a better price - even when additional fees are factored in.

For me it comes down to (1) Doing your homework: where can you find the best (i.e. lowest or nonexistent) transfer fee, which vendors have the lowest shipping fees, and remembering that an out-of-state, online, purchase should avoid sales taxes, and (2) Being patient.

My experience has been that if you do your due diligence with the research and are patient you will, more often than not, come out ahead.
I totally agree I have bought several weapons from both GunBrokers and Buds and have done very well Buds price oftens times includes shipping to your FFL and my LGS FFL appreciates the easy money for them (they charge $20 for most $30 for deemed assault weapons) plus I'll usually buy some kind of accessory from them. The tax savings usually makes the biggest difference in price, plus I like the idea that I'm avoiding paying taxes