Action work gunsmith needed..
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > General Handgun Discussion > Action work gunsmith needed..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Action work gunsmith needed..

Ok I just bought the wife a ruger 380 LCP for her birthday and the trigger IMO is awful.. To much pull( not pound wise) length wise.. Anyone know of any gunsmith that has/does an action job on one of these? Any help would be nice.. I've made a few phone calls and no luck so far..

Last edited by 38special; 04-24-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-25-2012, 12:22 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5692 Times on 2973 Posts
Likes Given: 378

i dont think you can atm. ive never heard of anyone doing that.

my wife has a bersa thunder 380 and a xdm in 9mm. she likes the xdm a lot more because the trigger is the same on all shots.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 04-25-2012, 12:29 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I was afraid of that..

Old 04-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 250 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 105

The long trigger pull is intentional, it's to keep people from shooting themselves in the leg/foot. I don't think you'll find any after mkt support.

If you want a short trigger, try a Sig or Colt Mustang.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

I unsterstand the reason behind it(there is no safety ) but at the same time 3/4 of an inch pull its a bit much.. I'm not trying to make it single action just a bit less play.. And she wants the slide hard chromed..it wasn't an option with the pink version.. It has a crimson trace so not worried about not being able to see down the slide to the sights..

Old 04-25-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I had to add the laser as well. The speed bump like sights were rough on my old eyes. I can get a clean release from mine - I practice w the laser but if you are still having issues, might be time to contact Ruger.

If you have a gunshop nearby, take a trip and try a few others. If they are the same, it's the gun and if not, Ruger's CS should take care of you.

Just my .02 - I like the long trigger, you gotta really want to fire it and yet, under pressure, it's very easy to fire. Just not a whole lotta fun...

Old 04-25-2012, 04:00 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

I've also had very good luck w hard chrome. Wasn't available when I bought mine either or I w have bought it.

Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

We're you aware that duracoat is probably just as good & the color choice is, well, HUGE!

A guy in Vegas, $30, pick your color or a few bucks more if you want multi colors or cameo.

The finishes these days are light years ahead of the old days. Easier to clean, less friction, etc. but to be honest, nothing wrong w existing finish either.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Robar does work on them for anyone interested.. I'll be shipping it out soon and I'll leave a detailed report when I receive it back

Old 04-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #10

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
We're you aware that duracoat is probably just as good & the color choice is, well, HUGE!

A guy in Vegas, $30, pick your color or a few bucks more if you want multi colors or cameo.

The finishes these days are light years ahead of the old days. Easier to clean, less friction, etc. but to be honest, nothing wrong w existing finish either.
Thanks for the info..